Racist Hawk fans at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Re-read my post earlier explaining what WP is. I dont think it means what you think (or want) it to mean.

This (who you're quoting) is a perfect example of someone getting triggered while basically thinking what was in the video was just some reactionary deal.

Reactions: CascadeClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The rules for racism keeps changing. U will be accused at some point as well. Tough to avoid anymore.

The ways some folks avoid acknowledging when it's happening has taken quite a turn too.

'That's not racism, that's just stereotyping, which is good for society'.

'Calling someone a racial slur isn't racism, it's just socially awkward'.

These are ideas that I've seen on CF over time.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
Right guessing no one has ever baited u into saying something u shouldn’t have, bunch perfect people on here. Give me a break.

I'm not perfect; of course I've said things I shouldn't have. But I've never in my life called someone a racist slur or told someone they don't belong in this country, and frankly I'm not sure there's anything that someone could say to me to provoke that response.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm not perfect; of course I've said things I shouldn't have. But I've never in my life called someone a racist slur or told someone they don't belong in this country, and frankly I'm not sure there's anything that someone could say to me to provoke that response.
I have been to many citizenship ceremonies. They really hit you in the heart. The unmitigated joy and pride displayed by the new Americans and their families and friends is heart warming. I think you would have to be a cold hearted bastard to go to many of those and then at any point make a blanket statement that someone doesn't belong in America when you don't know them and are only basing it on the color of their skin, the shape of their eyes, or their language or accent.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have been to many citizenship ceremonies. They really hit you in the heart. The unmitigated joy and pride displayed by the new Americans and their families and friends is heart warming. I think you would have to be a cold hearted bastard to go to many of those and then at any point make a blanket statement that someone doesn't belong in America when you don't know them and are only basing it on the color of their skin, the shape of their eyes, or their language or accent.
Never been to one, but a local business lady (who we are mad at for moving her business later) went through this and one of my wife's best friends was invited. We chatted with her about it days later and she was so excited and happy about it and had stuff from it all over her business. Wonderful lady and very happy for her, but still mad at her for moving.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I’m 100% sure I’ve said something I shouldn’t have in a heated moment.

I’m 100% sure I’ve never called anybody a racial slur.
Also, maybe it’s just me, but I feel like that’s a fairly obscure slur (but maybe it isn’t as obscure for her age group). I somehow knew what group it was denigrating so I’ve come across it, but I would not be able to think of it on my own.

I understand thinking (or saying) something incredibly hurtful when upset and drunk. But it seems odd that she went with that unless she’s using it more often

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Also, maybe it’s just me, but I feel like that’s a fairly obscure slur (but maybe it isn’t as obscure for her age group). I somehow knew what group it was denigrating so I’ve come across it, but I would not be able to think of it on my own.

I understand thinking (or saying) something incredibly hurtful when upset and drunk. But it seems odd that she went with that unless she’s using it more often
Yeah, it was much more common in the'70s, '80s, and maybe even '90s.

• Informative
Reactions: WooBadger18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron