NFL: Raiders to Las Vegas

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
If the Raiders hadn't been trying to get something built in LA/LV they could have been smart and went in with the 49ers on their stadium in a Jets/Giants timeshare deal.

It was talked about in the local media when the Santa Clara location was in the planning stages, but Crazy Al never would have never signed off on it.

Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I also think that the Las Vegas Raiders will be a destination for visiting fans.

I wonder if the NFL has any gambling-related concerns with this though
They play in London where you can wager on the game across the street.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I also think that the Las Vegas Raiders will be a destination for visiting fans.

This. LA still has a large Raider fan base. It's just a short drive to Vegas. That road will be packed full of fans who'll spend a ton of money and shoot at each other with some regularity.

The LA media seems to think this is all but a done deal. Seems like a perfect fit. Anything to keep the Raiders out of SoCal. Their fans.....

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Gambling, prostitution and the Raiders seems like a match made in heav...well, one of the two.

I'm hoping they change their name to the Sin City Raiders and just own it.

That would be sweet!

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
This. LA still has a large Raider fan base. It's just a short drive to Vegas. That road will be packed full of fans who'll spend a ton of money and shoot at each other with some regularity.

The LA media seems to think this is all but a done deal. Seems like a perfect fit. Anything to keep the Raiders out of SoCal. Their fans.....
You mean these guys?
images

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
San Fran is going from having a stadium on it's southern edge (Candlestick) and one right across the bay in Oakland to possibly none in Oakland and the new stadium like 45 minutes south from San Fran. Levi's Stadium is basically in San Jose. No clue why they are still calling them the San Francisco 49ers.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
San Fran is going from having a stadium on it's southern edge (Candlestick) and one right across the bay in Oakland to possibly none in Oakland and the new stadium like 45 minutes south from San Fran. Levi's Stadium is basically in San Jose. No clue why they are still calling them the San Francisco 49ers.

The same reason they still call the Jets and Giants "New York" when they both play in Jersey.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
AT&T Stadium is like 10 miles from downtown Dallas. MetLife Stadium is in NJ but still only like five miles from Manhattan. Santa Clara is 25+ miles from San Fran and San Jose is bigger than San Fran population wise. I just think it's odd I guess. But I get it...that's been their name forever so why change.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I wonder if the NFL has any gambling-related concerns with this though

I'm quite sure the behind the doors policy on gambling is far different than the quotes we see from Goodell. I'll bet they're thrilled to potentially have a team in a city where gambling on sports is legal. Prior to fantasy football, gambling was the biggest reason why the NFL was successful. I have no stats to back that up but I'm willing to stake a large sum that it's true.

You might even say I'd gamble on it.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Do they have gambling concerns?
They have nothing but gambling concerns.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
NHL and now the NFL in Vegas. Should be interesting; I think the Raiders will be successful there should they decide to move.

Vegas seems like it would be a good NBA city. Still surprised they chose hockey instead.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
NHL and now the NFL in Vegas. Should be interesting; I think the Raiders will be successful there should they decide to move.

Vegas seems like it would be a good NBA city. Still surprised they chose hockey instead.
Every time I go to Vegas I always meet Canadians. I think they love gambling or something. Might have a little something to do with it.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I go to Vegas every October so i would love to catch a game there and the weather is absolutely perfect this time of year.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I have a buddy who is a native northern Californian and lifelong Raiders fan. He now lives in the Phoenix area so LV would be a lot more convenient for him. I'm curious as to whether he is excited about the prospect of having his team closer or not happy that they would be leaving the team's home (again).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron