Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Just remember that Benioff and Weiss wrote their own conclusion......Only the first 5 seasons came from Martin's novels.

I actually thought making Bran the king was a stroke of genius.

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just remember that Benioff and Weiss wrote their own conclusion......Only the first 5 seasons came from Martin's novels.

I wanted Cersei to end up on the throne. The closing scene could have been her sitting on the iron throne all pissed off and just say "who do I kill first?"

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012

I have only watched through season 5, as its hard to find time with young kids and an uninterested wife, and I figured pretty early on that Bran would end up on the throne at the end. It was just a hunch, but it turns out even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I have only watched through season 5, as its hard to find time with young kids and an uninterested wife, and I figured pretty early on that Bran would end up on the throne at the end. It was just a hunch, but it turns out even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
Ooops...

Ummmmm...

SPOILER ALERT!!!
:oops:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Fueled Das Audi today. Entered geek car data into the @cowgirl836 spread sheet and see I've only driven the car 741 miles since March 18 last year. Can see this listed on the Audi dealer lot some day as "Super low mileage A5, only driven by a little old man to the grocery every two weeks."

BTW, almost out of bread and thinking of making a grocery run tonight but it's only been 9 days and I would see that as a personal fail. Plus I already drove the car 6 miles today to the petrol depot.

Heck I laid on more miles on that just today. There is very limited snow cover between Sioux City and Canada. I'll end up with about 3000 for the wk.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
In MY vernacular, there is a difference between crick and creek. A creek always has water in it, even if it's just a trickle. A crick goes dry in the summer heat.

Yup. My mama was born in Nawlins, Loozeeana.

Funny to come in here & see these conversations - a friend shared this video on FB this morning, @Ms3r4ISU will probably love it as much as I did...and maybe a few of the rest of you as well. Unless, of course, you recognize yourselves in the song. ;)

Edit: you should still be able to view this. It will just take you to Wierd Al's FB page.

Catchy tune.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not a problem for me, I’ve read most of the spoilers long ago. Might be a different story for Velo though.
It is a 'me' problem. Someone can't expect everyone to wait forever to openly discuss a series or movie. I'm trying to avoid it, that doesn't mean everyone else can't discuss it.

I don't have a lot of time to watch it without kids around so it has kind of gotten pushed to the way back burner.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It is a 'me' problem. Someone can't expect everyone to wait forever to openly discuss a series or movie. I'm trying to avoid it, that doesn't mean everyone else can't discuss it.

I don't have a lot of time to watch it without kids around so it has kind of gotten pushed to the way back burner.
Yeah, my older son has the same problem due to his four daughters. Plus, his wife is a little bit on the prudish side and is mildly disturbed by all of the blood & bewbs. He figures he'll watch it in about 15 years...

Due to weird circumstances, I wasn't able to see "The Force Awakens" opening weekend as planned, and then Christmas and everything got in the way so I didn't get to see it in the theater at all. Didn't get to see it until it came out on video in the late spring. Bless my kids, they managed to NOT spoil it for me! I knew Han was going to be in it, but didn't know when. And I think I told the story about my reaction to seeing the Millenium Falcon onscreen the first time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.