RECRUITING: Iowa State earns commitment from 2025 edge Charlie Woleben

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Iowa State picked up its sixth commitment to the 2025 recruiting class in Kansas edge Charlie Woleben.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Not for the “stars and rankings mean everything” crowd.

I wouldn’t get too hung up on that in this NIL Wild West era. Iowa State needs to invest in development and retention.

Retention is where NIL is gonna hurt Iowa state. We develop pretty well, minus the offensive line.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Retention is where NIL is gonna hurt Iowa state. We develop pretty well, minus the offensive line.

Development is still going to matter in football. Yes, there is going to ben an annual sweepstakes every year for a bunch of top talent transfers looking to cash in but schools like Iowa and Iowa State can still cash in on development and kids wanting to invest in themselves and their potential draft future. Hoops is a whole different animal IMO.

Reactions: Drew0311

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
We got 3 edge rushers now. Does that mean we are no longer pursuing Reggie Hayward's son or that highly rated kid Hopkins?
Pretty sure that not all three are edges.

And I’m wondering about Hopkins and the kid from Oklahoma, Josiah Hammond. Both look really good, and could conceivably grow into strongside guys.

I’m not sure just how much effort we put into Reggie’s son. Sam? He seems to be spending his unofficial visits closer to home.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Pretty sure that not all three are edges.

And I’m wondering about Hopkins and the kid from Oklahoma, Josiah Hammond. Both look really good, and could conceivably grow into strongside guys.

I’m not sure just how much effort we put into Reggie’s son. Sam? He seems to be spending his unofficial visits closer to home.
I could see Hammond redshirting and bulking up for a year and then moving inside. Trey Verdon maybe playing strong side LB?

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Yeah. The whole ISU won't be able to retain its best players in the NIL era mantra really hasn't happened. In football or hoops.