RECRUITING: Jeff Beverly to visit on May 3

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Going back and watching his highlights again, I think he could be a Bowie type player for us. He's obviously not a great shooter looking at his stats, but neither was Juiston or Bowie for that matter either.

If he can just rebound on both ends, and get some putbacks and garbage baskets, I guess that's what you have to hope for. Looks to have a decent fadeaway from the post, so many that's a skill he has too?

• Dislike
Reactions: Bubbahotep

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Plus ISU is his only current visit now. Add him to the current posts and Prohm has some options. Morrow visit looming large.

@AlexHalsted Beverly told me he had to reschedule his New Mexico trip. Iowa State next week is his first and only trip as of now.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I think he is ours. So he averaged 16 pts a game. I'm pretty sure the level of college basketball he played at was a step up from the JC ball that Juiston played in. I think Juiston is the more skilled player, especially better rebounder and passer. But he appears to be our next best option. My hope is our coaching staff is better than the one he has now and they can help him clean up some of us game. There is potential there.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Add Beverly, Brown, Morrow, and Shayok and I'm pretty happy. Only issue there is that 3 of the 4 are one year guys, although Shayok's one year would be a year away. Morrow would have 2 years after sitting out this year, correct?

Reactions: kurimski

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Add Beverly, Brown, Morrow, and Shayok and I'm pretty happy. Only issue there is that 3 of the 4 are one year guys, although Shayok's one year would be a year away. Morrow would have 2 years after sitting out this year, correct?
You'd take issue with a OAD?