RECRUITING: Jeff Beverly to visit on May 3

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I see nothing about Beverly that makes me compare him to Hogue or Burton. Hogue and Burton were top notch athletes. I see more of a bad Niang.
I don't disagree, but Beverly did say he wanted to play the Burton role. Burton and Georges didn't go about it the same way, largely due to physical differences, but role wise they weren't as different imo.

He wants to be the next undersized mismatch forward that creates and scores. I'm not sure he is that at a Big 12 level and his defense may be just as uncertain, but if he's 6'6" 250 with some skill he'll get minutes.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
There is nothing in his highlight film that remotely mimics either player. Not even close.

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Yeah, you totally missed on that one. It's not a post count blast, it's your silliness in alluding to being apathetic despite clearly being otherwise.

Morris declaring last spring doesn't tangibly increase the chance next year is a tournament team. But if it makes you feel better about next year, by all means.

I get you like to pretend to be the smartest guy in the room but come on... Read whats written not what you want to evidently fight about.

I never said Monte declaring last year increases the chances this next season is tournament team... I said Monte declaring allowed the rebuild to get pushed back a year. If Monte goes after his Junior season last winter is a rebuild. What that would mean for this alternate '17-18 who the hell knows and who cares?

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
He's obviously coming here. Prohm is at the desperate stage with getting front court transfers so he will take whoever he can at this point. Disappointing because this guy has no business being in the Big 12

You're absolutely right. Yeah sure, he scored 14 pts (3/5 3 pointers) and had 8 rebounds against a mid-major team, but what does that indicate? (I think the "mid-major" was Iowa State or some team like that.) After all, what ball player actually improves over. 3 year period?

What a ridiculous post with the "no business being in the Big 12." Ridiculous because there just isn't enough information to make such an absolute statement. Is it possible he won't succeed at ISU? Sure, but also possible he will.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Looks like he could take the pressure off our young posts and give us 8 and 4 on ~20 minutes per game. I would still like to have Morrow to go along with Shayok. Getting Brown would be great. One element I would be looking for is attitude and leadership for the 5th year transfers. They really ought to have the motivation in their last chance at winning, but I would also be looking for a guy who is a good team guy and a hard worker.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I get you like to pretend to be the smartest guy in the room but come on... Read whats written not what you want to evidently fight about.

I never said Monte declaring last year increases the chances this next season is tournament team... I said Monte declaring allowed the rebuild to get pushed back a year. If Monte goes after his Junior season last winter is a rebuild. What that would mean for this alternate '17-18 who the hell knows and who cares?
So your nothing-is-for-sure lottery ticket retirement isn't paying off?

Of course you didn't say that, and that's the point. It had nothing to little do with next year, yet you posted it in response to a conversation about next year. Must be the apathy of yours kicking in.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Alrighty then... what is similar. Go...

Can't even touch the rim on his drives to the rim and your going to compare him to probably our best slasher/dunker in ISU history.

All I can see is a decent 10-12 ft fadeaway jump shot, without seeing how many he missed. No athleticism or explosiveness.

Reach is putting it nicely. I'm more than happy to be wrong here.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Absolutely. You, as a walkon without offers from major conference teams, likely heard teams from major conference programs, no?

I was recruited by many schools, some small, some large, some full rides, some partial rides and some as a walkon. But nevertheless they all were still recruiting me.

Reactions: SpokaneCY

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Absolutely. You, as a walkon without offers from major conference teams, likely heard teams from major conference programs, no?

You need to go over this. Beverly is a Texas guy who grew up watching the Big 12. He's seen ISU's style, think he fits, and we're a Big 12 school. All of those factors are probably why ISU is his top school over the likes of Miami, Nevada, Georgetown or anyone else.

Now if another Big 12 school offers, it might be a bigger fight for Beverly.

• Funny
Reactions: FinalFourCy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Alrighty then... what is similar. Go...

Can't even touch the rim on his drives to the rim and your going to compare him to probably our best slasher/dunker in ISU history.

All I can see is a decent 10-12 ft fadeaway jump shot, without seeing how many he missed. No athleticism or explosiveness.

Reach is putting it nicely. I'm more than happy to be wrong here.

giphy.gif

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
So your nothing-is-for-sure lottery ticket retirement isn't paying off?

Of course you didn't say that, and that's the point. It had nothing to little do with next year, yet you posted it in response to a conversation about next year. Must be the apathy of yours kicking in.

So you appear to take an issue with both things I say, things you evidently imagined I said and things I never said at all. I don't know whether to be flattered or creeped out.

Brother that has to be quite a conversation going on inside that grey matter of yours. But I will go ahead and let you get back to fellating yourself over the super team that was sure to happen if Juiston would have come here.