RECRUITING: Jeff Beverly to visit on May 3

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Alrighty then... what is similar. Go...

Can't even touch the rim on his drives to the rim and your going to compare him to probably our best slasher/dunker in ISU history.

All I can see is a decent 10-12 ft fadeaway jump shot, without seeing how many he missed. No athleticism or explosiveness.

Reach is putting it nicely. I'm more than happy to be wrong here.

Guess I should have clarified by adding "with the leaping ability of a crippled hippo."

I don't care really. I saw similarities in his build and the fadeaway shot. He looked like a high effort guy to me based on the video. No idea on what his production would be at the Big 12 level. Maybe nothing. I'd be happy with a scrappy rebounder and junk baller which is what Hogue was for most of two seasons.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
So you appear to take an issue with both things I say, things you evidently imagined I said and things I never said at all. I don't know whether to be flattered or creeped out.

Brother that has to be quite a conversation going on inside that grey matter of yours. But I will go ahead and let you get back to fellating yourself over the super team that was sure to happen if Juiston would have come here.
;)

It's your position I take issue with. It isn't that Juiston makes us a super team, but rather odds are that he would have made us a better team than what we are likely to end up with. Sure, play your "nothing is certain" card, or even your apathetic one, but at least be consistent with it.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He's probably better prepared to guard posts than Burton was, as he pretty much had to learn that on the fly. And really, we have the luxury this year of having enough men at the 5 that he'll only really be required to guard the 4 unless there are a lot of switches.

The thing is, though, that Burton was so explosive and long that he was almost better off out of position at times because he closed so much ground and didn't commit fouls. I'm not too worried about guarding a 4 man inside right now. There just seems to be such a marginal amount of guys with a ton of skill at the 4 that do it in the post. There seems to be a lot more wings playing the 4 that can slash and shoot. I'm not worried about the shooting part so much either, mostly just the slashing. Do we have someone who can stay in front of one of those guys? Offensively, we'll be able to score somehow with the guys we've got. Yeah, Juiston would have added another huge piece to that but if we were to get Brown, a lot of what Juiston brought on the offensive end, with the exception of rebounding, may be mitigated. It's a long shot but Alstork is out there and we can afford to hold out for him if we think there's a chance we get him. Michigan is likely done as they took another transfer PG, so he could be a winnable battle if others fill up.

ShakurVaughn

Apr 27, 2017
This is actually interesting. You talk e-trash like you're either a child or an old moron that has no idea how the internet works, I can't tell which one though.

I don't live in Ames, aka Focustown, so I know how the internet works. Thanks for the concern, std guy.