CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
fckya.gif

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
The guy from Maine was likely easily swayed by the prestige of a Georgia in comparison to an ISU. A couple of guys from USC and Michigan have already been there, done that.

I mean, they're not here until they're here obviously, but I'm not that worried.

Catalina was from Rhode Island, but I agree. He was looking for the biggest/best to make a name for himself. These guys are looking for the right fit at a P5 school that they know they'll play at right away.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Great news, but as others have said still need depth so that Big XII ready players can come into the game when guys get dinged up. Also need to get past the days where the season is all but over when one OL starter goes down in fall camp. That kind of stuff happens to everyone, but we have been screwed because of under recruiting of the position by the previous regime.

Just for "fun" looked back at the opening game box score last year against UNI. Total of 51 rushing yards and three rushing first downs. Hopefully with more experience and development we will see something very different on opening day 2017.

I might be willing to make a small wager that ISU will match those numbers with their first two drives in 2017*.

*This won't happen if Park is 3-4 for 89 yards and 2 TD's the first two drives. :)

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Welcome, Khaliel! Thanks for choosing the Cyclones. This staff is doing some amazing stuff.

Reactions: isugcs

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Not saying that this isn't a huge get but curious how people could think this is bigger than getting two JC DTs when we would only have 4 DTs on the team, 1 senior, a soph, fresh(r), and a freshman. Not to mention our weakness last year was the DL stopping the run up the middle and the returning players were backups.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Not saying that this isn't a huge get but curious how people could think this is bigger than getting two JC DTs when we would only have 4 DTs on the team, 1 senior, a soph, fresh(r), and a freshman. Not to mention our weakness last year was the DL stopping the run up the middle and the returning players were backups.

Yea I agree..Juco DL kids are top gets but these two transfers are 2nd..

Last year Vs UNI this team and staff didn't know what to expect and it was Manning first game as an OC not to mention an Oline who had 3 starters with ZERO playing experience...ZERO.

This season it's opposite..even though UNI is always solid I'll be very very surprised if this game isn't a complete beat down.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Maybe a dumb question. I watched the videos and with Rodgers size, great footwork and technique (though I think the WSU nose was not the best), why did he not get interest from the pros?

ISUguy

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Usa
He was not good. The fans hated him
I believe he started 12 of 13 games at left tackle for them. Not sure how well he played or what is referenced above, but he is playing in a senior showcase for draft eligible players. All and all, he would have helped us I am sure.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Dawson and Rodgers are huge gets. I really like all the young linemen in the program, but it will be better for them if the staff can make sure they are ready before playing them. These additions also allow the staff to control the development of the young guys by picking and choosing their reps instead of throwing them to the wolves.