RECRUITING: Morrow sets visit, Juiston visit info

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Does anyone know if Prohm has a plan B in place if we don't get Juiston? I just feel like everyone will be in a state of panic and won't be overly excited about next season if we don't add Juiston or someone similar to him.
Count on Lard and Kasongo. Can't be worse than the front court was last year. Might be able to get a grad transfer, but I they usually aren't very good. I remember Anthony Livingston being one of the most coveted tranfers last year and wasn't even starting for Texas Tech by the end of the year.

Reactions: heitclone

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Count on Lard and Kasongo. Can't be worse than the front court was last year. Might be able to get a grad transfer, but I they usually aren't very good. I remember Anthony Livingston being one of the most coveted tranfers last year and wasn't even starting for Texas Tech by the end of the year.

Maybe we could get in on the forward from Illinois State yet (McIntosh, I think) , although he's apparently testing draft waters first.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Maybe we could get in on the forward from Illinois State yet (McIntosh, I think) , although he's apparently testing draft waters first.

You would have to think we are going to.

Our coaches won't go down without a fight, and they can't feel like Juiston is in the bag.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
You see Lard and Kasongo being better than Burton/Bowie?

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
You see Lard and Kasongo being better than Burton/Bowie?

Bowie, yes. Burton was a force and we won't get another player to fill his role outside of Jaustin I don't think.
Even then it wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison, the same way Burton was to Niang

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
You would have to think we are going to.

Our coaches won't go down without a fight, and they can't feel like Juiston is in the bag.

The fact Prohm was reported to be meeting with his family today means they aren't taking anything for granted.

As far as the worry about the staff not having a "backup plan", I trust the are in contact with a few prospects but part of the priority they have put Shakur involves showing him he is their guy and not just one of many (like KU). I trust we'll hear more names that are unearthed in the next couple of weeks.

The staff didn't expect a commitment this past weekend likely due to them knowing his desire to take all his 5 official visits, and for all we know DePaul and RI were already planned perhaps even likely planned considering how quick he got them scheduled. I am not sure location is going to be a major factor in his recruitment considering his four visits have been Vegas Ames Chicago and now Rhode Island in addition there were rumors on the KU board that he wasn't planning on playing close to home due to some negative things happened. He did after all chose to go to Kansas for JuCo instead of stay near home. Hopefully Juiston gets all his information and picks the best place for him to finish his last two years, finger's crossed it is ISU. I still like ISU position with Shakur as of today.

Let's also remember the Wigginton commitment week momentum went from almost a lock for Oregon on Monday to Lindell committing to ISU on Friday. SJ has been very tight lipped on his recruitment throughout so until he announces I am not counting out the staff.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Does anyone know if Prohm has a plan B in place if we don't get Juiston? I just feel like everyone will be in a state of panic and won't be overly excited about next season if we don't add Juiston or someone similar to him.

The foundational pieces of the new basketball program for the next 3-4 years get to campus in June. Should we not sign another guy (ain't gonna happen) our future is still so bright. I won't sweat not making the tourney in 2018 knowing the pieces that CSP has already put in place.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron