RECRUITING: Players Iowa State is involved with during the spring cycle

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Because that just seems like something the universe would do...

Naz's little brother sinking clutch nut-kickin' 3-pointers against us after all the times he did it to Okie State.

oh, gotcha

Dingus

May 23, 2013
It'll probably be a rebuilding year, but that's Ok. We've got some good young pieces that will get valuable experience. And it'll be a fun team to watch with so many promising new guys.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
RIP Men's basketball team.

Next year may be rough, although until we see some of these guys we don't really know for sure.

However there's no reason 2018 won't be good. We will have a lot of pieces back.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It'll probably be a rebuilding year, but that's Ok. We've got some good young pieces that will get valuable experience. And it'll be a fun team to watch with so many promising new guys.

I definitely agree that it will be a fun team to watch and cheer for, I just hope people don't have too many expectations and turn on this team. And I know, I'm probably near the top of the list of people that will need to have the willpower not to be too critical.

If we're not that good, we can all thank Fred for that. He wanted out of here so bad, he just didn't bother recruiting his final year here. We're paying for that now in a big way.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think next year will be tough but there is still so much unknown that the team could surprise people. What if there is a lot of improvement among returners? What if freshman like McNeil. Lard and Lewis are more ready than what people thought? I think one thing they could be better at is defense.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
People seem to be concerned about next years team im the opposite. I think they could be better. Less star players but I will guarantee they play way better as a team right out of the gate, and build from there.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
People seem to be concerned about next years team im the opposite. I think they could be better. Less star players but I will guarantee they play way better as a team right out of the gate, and build from there.
Better will be hard. but I could see them playing at a level close to this year's team by the end of next season.

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS

I wouldn't say I'm the opposite of concerned, but I'm also not concerned either. Everyone thinks it will be a down year, just because of what we lost. What we lost has no effect on how the team will be next year. Next year's team is about what remains and what is coming in.

What remains is:

1 - 2016 ESPN 100 kid in Long
2 - 2017 ESPN 100 kids in Lewis and Wigginton
3 - players who saw meaningful minutes last year in Big 12 action.
Lard who joined the team mid year, and some people were pretty high on him.
Kasongo, a transfer who has had a year in our system learning from Prohm.

Just because we are young and don't have a lot of "knowns" doesn't mean it will be a down year, it just means we have next to no idea what to expect. Sure most haven't seen big 12 action, but just because they haven't seen it, doesn't mean they can't handle it.

I choose to be "Cautiously Optimistic", until I am proven otherwise.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I wouldn't say I'm the opposite of concerned, but I'm also not concerned either. Everyone thinks it will be a down year, just because of what we lost. What we lost has no effect on how the team will be next year. Next year's team is about what remains and what is coming in.

What remains is:

1 - 2016 ESPN 100 kid in Long
2 - 2017 ESPN 100 kids in Lewis and Wigginton
3 - players who saw meaningful minutes last year in Big 12 action.
Lard who joined the team mid year, and some people were pretty high on him.
Kasongo, a transfer who has had a year in our system learning from Prohm.

Just because we are young and don't have a lot of "knowns" doesn't mean it will be a down year, it just means we have next to no idea what to expect. Sure most haven't seen big 12 action, but just because they haven't seen it, doesn't mean they can't handle it.

I choose to be "Cautiously Optimistic", until I am proven otherwise.

Agreed, it could be like the High School recruit version of going into the 2011-2012 season.

I'm just exciting to see these young guys play and grow in Prohm's system. There's talent. There's hunger. Prohm has the guys he wants.

Reactions: IA_Cyclone70

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I definitely agree that it will be a fun team to watch and cheer for, I just hope people don't have too many expectations and turn on this team. And I know, I'm probably near the top of the list of people that will need to have the willpower not to be too critical.

If we're not that good, we can all thank Fred for that. He wanted out of here so bad, he just didn't bother recruiting his final year here. We're paying for that now in a big way.

Well, you're an idiot. He did recruit, but those recruits wanted to play for him, not Prohm or Iowa State.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: Kami6348 and Cyrok

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
I think Hans would be a solid pick up. Had some injuries, but i guess i don't see Beverly as a 'big'. Plus something about a 6'9 guy hitting 3's really makes me happy.... unless we're playing Perdue

• Agree
Reactions: Stereotype

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Shayok, Beverly, Brase and Morrow would be a solid spring given the current situation of missing on a bunch of options already.

I'm okay with not getting a guard this spring. We need bigs.

Agreed.

And not getting a guard gives our young guys playing time to learn and develop. I really want to see what Long and McNeill can do.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Shayok, Beverly, Brase and Morrow would be a solid spring given the current situation of missing on a bunch of options already.

I'm okay with not getting a guard this spring. We need bigs.

Kinda agree, yet for the most part, I really don't care what size they are....we need people who can SCORE!! We lost a lot of offense/shooting.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Agreed.

And not getting a guard gives our young guys playing time to learn and develop. I really want to see what Long and McNeill can do.

I do too, but having a upperclassman option to let the young guys be eased in and play when they are ready would be the best case scenario. IMO. if they prove to be better they'll play, just not before they are ready.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07