Results of the #ISU99 campaign

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Thought I'd start a happier campus-type thread today. Extension sent out this email about how the campaign went, and included some interesting sidebar results. Looks like the campaign was a positive experience all the way around. I had to copy/paste from the email, so I hope this comes through in a legible manner. They had a hotlink to open it in a web browser, but it shot straight into IE and freakin' froze my computer. Have I mentioned that I despise IE? Anyhoo, enjoy. :)

7aa74ce9-a123-4b49-b6cb-3fb29db1788e.jpg

Campaign Raises Extension Awareness among Cyclone Fans
This summer ISU Extension and Outreach joined forces with ISU Athletics to connect with Iowans across the state through the #ISU99 campaign. The campaign provided great visibility for our 99-county campus. Counties reported a pep rally-like atmosphere with fans expressing great enthusiasm. Thank you to the nearly 230 extension staff and council members who pitched in and made the promotion happen.

• More than 11 million social media impressions in 99 days
  • County social media activity up 45% on average
  • 2,000+ new Extension and Outreach followers on Twitter and Facebook
  • Twitter: 3.8 million impressions over 99-day span
  • Facebook: 7.1 million impressions over 99-day span
  • 12,200 overall new followers for Athletics, Extension and Outreach
  • Extension and Outreach Facebook likes increased by 25.7%
  • Extension and Outreach Twitter followers increased by 15.3%
  • Boxes claimed in an average of 8.54 minutes
#ISU99 ended Sept. 2 in Story County (pictured above) with three campus box drops live streamed, including a 14-player rock/paper/scissors contest at Jack Trice Stadium to claim the final box. Story County staff participated in two of the three drops.

Did you know the campaign was so popular that five different drops had to be changed at the last minute because Cyclone fans had the original spots staked out? Here are a few more fun facts.

Copyright ©2016 Iowa State University Extension and Outreach | Iowa State University | Nondiscrimination and Information Disclosures |

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
"Did you know the campaign was so popular that five different drops had to be changed at the last minute because Cyclone fans had the original spots staked out? Here are a few more fun facts."

ARGH! I had a couple different places staked out in a couple different counties. Guess I should have hid in the bushes.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
"Did you know the campaign was so popular that five different drops had to be changed at the last minute because Cyclone fans had the original spots staked out? Here are a few more fun facts."

ARGH! I had a couple different places staked out in a couple different counties. Guess I should have hid in the bushes.
Learn from Homer...
giphy.gif

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
I won in Wayne County. The box was 2 blocks from my house. So lucky. Coolest things I got was a white jersey (#5) and a pylon.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Just noticed the hot link associated with the last line "Here are a few more fun facts" didn't come through. It linked to this:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron