Ripped off on NCAA Men's Regional - Kansas City

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
Does the NCAA have some kind of customer complaint resolution mechanism? Ultimately this is their tournament. Not that you would have any better success with them...

I'm not sure. Just got through to the Sprint Center ticket office. The lady I talked to seemed confident that they could reissue tickets since they verified my identity. She said the person in the office she needed to talk to was out of the office but would try to call me back by 6pm tonight.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Does the NCAA have some kind of customer complaint resolution mechanism? Ultimately this is their tournament. Not that you would have any better success with them...

If they do I would anticipate it taking 6-9 months to resolve and resulting in the loss of 1 year of eligibility for the OP... especially if they find out he's an ISU fan.

Babiscuit

Mar 7, 2015
Great. I haven't receive my order yet. Going on 24 minutes of hold time with AXS to see if they will claim they have been delivered. I actually ordered two pair on different orders and have received neither. Has anybody else NOT received tickets?

Just got off the phone with AXS. She claimed my order hasn't shipped, but should by the end of the month.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I ordered tickets to the Kansas City Regional in a pre-, pre-sale last May and got notification in October of the seat locations. It was just about the same time they held the "regular" NCAA presale. I've had a few experiences with the Sprint Center that seemed a little janky, such as last year's Big 12 "lottery" and this year having to pay for the Regional tickets in May, but not knowing what the seat locations would be for months (they ended up being fantastic, so it worked out).

I've talked to a few of the people at the Sprint Center and most of them are pretty nice. I wonder if you got bumped to an "answering service" that really doesn't understand the situation. You might want to try to use some local Sprint Center phone numbers first thing when they open in the morning.

Or make a trip to KC and deal with them in person. If only there was a reason for Cyclone fans to be there in the next few weeks!

CYdways432

Jan 22, 2015
Cedar Rapids
Great. I haven't receive my order yet. Going on 24 minutes of hold time with AXS to see if they will claim they have been delivered. I actually ordered two pair on different orders and have received neither. Has anybody else NOT received tickets?

Just got off the phone with AXS. She claimed my order hasn't shipped, but should by the end of the month.

I contacted them last week on february 8th and they said they should ship in the next 7-14 business days. So hopefully they will be here soon and it works out for everyone!

isubb79

Jul 16, 2009
I received mine a couple of weeks ago
I got my a few weeks ago. They were shipped via UPS. I have a UPS account and receive E-mails prior to shipments. The E-mail said a signature would be required but I happened to be home when the delivery person showed up and I don't think he asked me to sign anything.

Last edited:

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
I have not received my tickets either. I called at the beginning of the month and they said they were shipping them at the end of the month.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
I just got off the phone with AXS and they are going to re-issue my tickets at E-tickets, which hopefully i can still sell them? I have never tried before

• Funny
Reactions: Cydaddy

CYdways432

Jan 22, 2015
Cedar Rapids
Haven't received mine. Will be on the phone tomorrow

I received this message on the 21st...

"Thanks for contacting AXS! All of the tickets for this event have already started being mailed out on this week. Please allow about two weeks for receipt of your tickets.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy the show!
AXS Team"

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Mine arrived yesterday then today I get this email

Hi there,

Your tickets were shipped to you on 11/02/16, but unfortunately we do not have a tracking system in place. Your tickets are now waiting for you to pick them u at the box office when you arrive at the event.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience, if there's anything else we can help you with please let us know!

AXS Team

• Funny
Reactions: MeanDean

Babiscuit

Mar 7, 2015
Mine arrived yesterday then today I get this email

Hi there,

Your tickets were shipped to you on 11/02/16, but unfortunately we do not have a tracking system in place. Your tickets are now waiting for you to pick them u at the box office when you arrive at the event.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience, if there's anything else we can help you with please let us know!

AXS Team

I had the same email. I responded about receiving the tickets yesterday and got this message back. I haven't been able to check the barcodes yet.

Sorry, we had a miscommunication. That was if you didn't receive your tickets in the mail, they would be waiting for you at the event box office. Here are the correct barcodes:

If these barcodes match the ones you got in the mail, then you're good to go.

Thanks for your patience.

AXS Team

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
My communication with AXS

Cjafarm, Feb 23, 5:07 PM CST: I have not received my tickets. Do you have shipping information so that I can trace them with UPS?

Joni, Mar 4, 1:06 PM CST: Hi there, Your tickets were shipped to you on 11/02/16, but unfortunately we do not have a tracking system in place. Your tickets are now waiting for you to pick them u at the box office when you arrive at the event. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience, if there's anything else we can help you with please let us know! AXS Team

Cjafarm, Mar 4, 3:37 PM CST: I’m sorry but your system is really messed up. I received my tickets in the mail today and the postmark has March 1, 2017. These tickets are a gift and I’m am giving them the tickets I received in the mail and will NOT come to Kansas City to pick up tickets at will call. Is the NCAA and Sprint Center aware of the problems you are having?

Joni, Mar 4, 3:50 PM CST: My apologies *****. We've received some miscommunication regarding the mailed tickets. If you got tickets in the mail, everything is fine. We apologize for any confusion. Thanks, AXS

Last edited:

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I had a job a few years ago where I received tens of thousands of dollars worth of sport clothing and shoes and the company that shipped them did not require a signature when delivered. We did have a few issues in the 10 years I worked there where things were "delivered" but we never received them. It was unfathomable that the company allowed this.