RV Tailgating Question

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have a sense of what giving level will be needed to get into the new RV lot in 2022? Will a Gold level ($1,000) be guaranteed to get in? What about Captains level ($2,500)? Does anyone know how many RV permits are issued for this year?

Sitting through the rainy season of 2019 in our car during rain delays convinced us an RV was the way to go. Then Covid hit and everyone wanted an RV. We finally have what we wanted and are looking forward to the new lot next year.
I believe they sent a notice that $2500 will be the minimum donation for an rv pass beginning next year. It may have even started this year. Either way a gold level is not guaranteed to get an rv pass.

For a new donor $1000 definitely will not guarantee an rv pass pretty much the opposite actually. $2500 may not even be enough considering that is the new minimum.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Anyone familiar with RV parking at Haunted Forest? Can you get in on Friday night?

We normally park our car there for the game. I thought I heard them say it was like $150 to park an RV. Pretty sure you can get in on a Friday night.

Reactions: CyVeteran

st8cydr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I believe they sent a notice that $2500 will be the minimum donation for an rv pass beginning next year. It may have even started this year. Either way a gold level is not guaranteed to get an rv pass.

For a new donor $1000 definitely will not guarantee an rv pass pretty much the opposite actually. $2500 may not even be enough considering that is the new minimum.
Thanks for the info. I've been a Gold level for awhile, gradually bumping up every year. I kind of figured I'd need to go up to the $2,500 level. Hopefully my 20+ years of season tickets and Cyclone Club membership have given me enough priority points to get in.

I've sat through a lot of bad football to get to this point. Hopefully it finally pays off!

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Thanks for the info. I've been a Gold level for awhile, gradually bumping up every year. I kind of figured I'd need to go up to the $2,500 level. Hopefully my 20+ years of season tickets and Cyclone Club membership have given me enough priority points to get in.

I've sat through a lot of bad football to get to this point. Hopefully it finally pays off!
If you log into your ticket master account and click on the cyclone club link it should show your ranking.

The email I found stated in 2019 75% of rv passes went to the $2500 donation level with that number always increasing. I thought I read somewhere that a $2500 donation was required now but the cyclone club website doesn't reflect this. If when you check your ranking at the gold level and find you are in the top 10% of all gold donors you may have a decent chance at getting an rv pass. I still wouldn't risk it if it was me.

• Informative
Reactions: st8cydr

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon

This year the email stated that only the top 10% of Gold would probably get an RV pass this year. Not sure where it ended up. I am in the top 25% of Gold and have had an RV pass up until getting bumped this year. We are looking into moving up a level to try out the new RV lots.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
The wife and purchased our 1st rv for tailgating this fall. Super pumped about tailgating all weekend. We will be comimg down from the twin cities and staying in the vet med lots (at least that was the plan). Any further info on the vet school lots not being used and pushing rv’s to dairy? we have stayed with a friend in their rv in vet med, how does dairy compare? Also, does anyone know if there is fresh water available to fill on I35 coming from the north. We would rather not haul the excess weight 3+ hours.

I wouldn't worry about the excess weight. Even if it's a 40-gallon tank, that's only 320lbs. Your RV won't even notice the difference.

st8cydr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Does anyone know how many RV permits are offered in the donor lots under the current parking configuration? I'm just wondering if the new lot will increase capacity.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
My father just got an RV pass this year and will be coming from Cedar Rapids area to games. We were curious if there was any place to fill up with water or dump sewage along that route which people have found? Any help would be appreciated.

if he’s coming across north of Ames, the rest area off I35 north of Ames at Story City has dumping.