ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
On the right side of the page, you'll see a bunch of random stuff. Who's online, staff online, new profile posts, etc. I'm looking to do a few different things to that side of the page. What - of all the stuff - do you guys use the most and least? Looking for feedback. Thanks.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
I don't really use any of it, but I did notice when I'm in a thread there is a "Recent Threads" widget that appears to be malfunctioning. It gives the last reply time, but the picuture/user are for the person who started the thread. Truthfully, I really only notice it when you or Stanz post as I recognize your pictures. When I go to see what you said it's actually someone else who replied to a thread that you started.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I rarely see them because I use the new posts button and they don't show up on that page

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I don't really look at Who is Online now for staff or members. I don't like the New Profile Posts because most on them are basically PMs that don't need to be seen

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The only thing I have really looked at it for is to see who the mods are online that are letting a troll go insane like this morning.

I suppose one thing you could put there is recent articles on main page, since some people don't seem to know they exist and just go to the message board.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The only thing I have really looked at it for is to see who the mods are online that are letting a troll go insane like this morning.

I suppose one thing you could put there is recent articles on main page, since some people don't seem to know they exist and just go to the message board.
I missed an insane troll? Oh darn!

Chris:
I echo what someone else above said - According to the "Recent Threads" widget you replied to this page 10 minutes ago. Nope - that was ChuckD4735.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I missed an insane troll? Oh darn!

Chris:
I echo what someone else above said - According to the "Recent Threads" widget you replied to this page 10 minutes ago. Nope - that was ChuckD4735.

Just Historic Ames trying to beat his record of 97 posts in a day saying the same damn thing in one thread.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I realize this is a way out-of-date reply, plus it doesn't quite fit with the right hand column "stuff" question, but here goes: It seem completely backward to click on "Forum list" on the far right of the horizontal bar and then have the forum list open on the far left. Is there any way to get those two on the same side?