Senior Bowls

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Have any ISU players been invited to a Senior Bowl? I see Iowa has 3 and its not like they are great players. I figured Bowen, Blyth, and Rubin would get an invite someplace.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Good point. I wonder where one can go to look at the rosters?

retzmountn

Aug 16, 2006
Runnells, IA
What about the Hula Bowl or Senior Bowl? Those two and the Shrine Bowl are the only Senior related bowls out there, specifically to give the seniors one more chance to shine.

I would have expected Meyer, Blythe, Bowen, Banks, Rubin as possible invites to one of the three bowl games. :confused:

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
A lot of the really great players sit these games out to avoid possible injuries which would hurt their draft status. :wink:

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
What about the Hula Bowl or Senior Bowl? Those two and the Shrine Bowl are the only Senior related bowls out there, specifically to give the seniors one more chance to shine.

I would have expected Meyer, Blythe, Bowen, Banks, Rubin as possible invites to one of the three bowl games. :confused:

Those two bowls don't have rosters out yet. There's still a chance for the ISU players. I'd hope that Chizik's staff is campaigning for them.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Speaking of Blythe and Bowen, anyone been paying attention to what the NFL draft experts/analysts are saying about their chances?