Seriously Leistikow?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I do read the pay board at HR and havent seen any unrealistic expectations for Connor next year, thats why I asked where you saw it.

This idea that you only read the pay board and not the general basketball forum is insane. Meanwhile you come over here and post all day long.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
This idea that you only read the pay board and not the general basketball forum is insane. Meanwhile you come over here and post all day long.

You're welcome?

And the general forums on HR and the few people that post on HN are full of idiots.

I come here because of the high volume of discussion about the Hawks.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
No I don't listen to Cyclone insider. You listen to Hawk Central? I doubt it or maybe you missed that after a 12-0 Hawk regular season Chad picked Minnesota to win the BigTen West this year, not Iowa.
Yes I do listen to Hawk central, unless they start talking wrestling. I don't put my head in the saND and only listen to cyclone stuff.
Chad puts a positive spin on everything. Which is fine to a degree.
Randy isn't afraid to bash on the cyclones. I don't love him, but hes not a homer.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
Yeah he was physically there because that's where he reports from. Not really celebrating, although he should have stayed in his seat at his age.
But, like I said, when you cover a team long enough it's probably natural to develop at least a small attachment to them. I just think he's slightly dour and pessimistic, especially about football.
Edit: His articles are plain as day also. As someone who goes to the games, I usually gleam nothing extra from his articles, even in the offseason.

Where Randy broke his leg was a long way from where he sits during the game. He can't stay in his seat because it is sort of his job to be in the media room for the post game press conferences. The media room is on the other side of Hilton and he was on his way there. I was only a few feet from where he fell and I think it would have happened even if the student sections didn't come out on the court. When he fell there were no students around him, they hadn't got that far onto the court. There was one person who went through the court side seats to get on the court right about where he fell and I think that was the catalyst for the fall. I don't know if that person bumped him or maybe just caused some general shuffling among the court side fans that caused it. I can't remember if there were any TV cables on the ground at that point that may have contributed or not.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Where Randy broke his leg was a long way from where he sits during the game. He can't stay in his seat because it is sort of his job to be in the media room for the post game press conferences. The media room is on the other side of Hilton and he was on his way there. I was only a few feet from where he fell and I think it would have happened even if the student sections didn't come out on the court. When he fell there were no students around him, they hadn't got that far onto the court. There was one person who went through the court side seats to get on the court right about where he fell and I think that was the catalyst for the fall. I don't know if that person bumped him or maybe just caused some general shuffling among the court side fans that caused it. I can't remember if there were any TV cables on the ground at that point that may have contributed or not.

I could be completely off-base, but as I recall, at first he kind of played up the "students shouldn't storm the court; this is what could happen" angle, but eventually he explained what really happened and even made it on to the Dan Patrick show to talk about it. I think the DP show was looking for a story about the dangers of court-storming, but he said it was an accident, and that he had tripped over cables and the students storming the court really didn't play into it.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

I must be insane as well. I never read the HR general boards, and only visit the pay forum. Much better info without as much crazy. For me there isn't enough time in the day with work and family to read all the boards out there. So I go to HR pay forum, here to check out the Rivals threads, and HN if I have time.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Chad is still talking about the Minnesota game on Twitter. Seriously

About how bad a call the refs made? If so, he is correct, Ellington clearly called TO and he missed that. Then he misses the OB call as the guy tying up Ellingson for the jump ball is clearly out of bounds. Missing one call is bad, missing both is pretty inexcusable.

• Disagree

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
About how bad a call the refs made? If so, he is correct, Ellington clearly called TO and he missed that. Then he misses the OB call as the guy tying up Ellingson for the jump ball is clearly out of bounds. Missing one call is bad, missing both is pretty inexcusable.
Ellington never called for a TO. Fran can't call it from the bench, rule changed a few years ago. So not a missed called. Foot outta bounds, yup that happens tho.

http://whotv.com/2017/02/09/controversial-no-call-frustrates-hawkeyes-in-loss-to-minnesota/

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Just because the mic picked up the timeout doesn't mean that the ref heard it. But let's not disregard the fact there was more than 10 minutes still to play in the game with multiple chances still to win the game.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Just because the mic picked up the timeout doesn't mean that the ref heard it. But let's not disregard the fact there was more than 10 minutes still to play in the game with multiple chances still to win the game.

No, it was that one thing.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Ellington never called for a TO. Fran can't call it from the bench, rule changed a few years ago. So not a missed called. Foot outta bounds, yup that happens tho.

http://whotv.com/2017/02/09/controversial-no-call-frustrates-hawkeyes-in-loss-to-minnesota/

Yes he did call for timeout. If you watch the replay you can clearly hear him call for it 3 times and you can hear Jordan call for one as well.

I will link the video later today, it is clear as day as Ellingson is shouting it and you can hear it in the replay.

• Disagree

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

What? There was 20 seconds left in the game. Instead of Iowa having the ball, Minnesota gets a possession they didn't deserve and scores to tie the game.

I'm not saying Iowa 100% wins that game, but would you think a team has a greater % to win up 2 with the ball than gifting the opponent the ball?

I would think as ISU fans you guys of all people would understand the frustrations of poor officiating, especially when it has a big impact on the outcome of the game.

• Disagree

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What? There was 20 seconds left in the game. Instead of Iowa having the ball, Minnesota gets a possession they didn't deserve and scores to tie the game.

I'm not saying Iowa 100% wins that game, but would you think a team has a greater % to win up 2 with the ball than gifting the opponent the ball?

I would think as ISU fans you guys of all people would understand the frustrations of poor officiating, especially when it has a big impact on the outcome of the game.

We also know that there were hundreds of other things we could have done before it to take it out of the refs hands.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

The ref didn't hear him call time out because Ellingson dribbled into the corner on the road in front of the Minnesota bench who was yelling jump ball. I don't know why people keep bringing up the Minnesota game but completely ignore Wisconsin getting screwed. The Minnesota game was just a change of possession, Wisconsin got screwed out of 3 points and lost by 2

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
We also know that there were hundreds of other things we could have done before it to take it out of the refs hands.

Agree, I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. I'm not one of those guys. Just pointing out they missed two obvious calls happening right in front of a ref late in a game. Calls are missed all the time that I know.