Shooter in Champaign this weekend?

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
Well... it's news because it was in the NEWSpaper. Get it? NEWSpaper...

or... it can be used as fodder

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Oh, please. EVERYTHING is funny, if you look at it in the right light.

Unless your a hypersensitive drama queen, of course....

Oh - it would've been funny for them as well, if iowa hadn't been the butt of the joke.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Please don't question my intelligence on this issue. Maybe it's just me here, but I'm not so apt to "take a dig" at an opposing team in a thread such as this one.

JMHO, but a threat to shoot someone isn't something to joke around about.

There is a big difference between some lonely pathetic persons desperate attempts for attention and a true tragedy. If something actually happened, I wouldn't be using it to take a shot at the hawks. However, in a case such as this, people taking him all seriously and getting all worked up is just what he wants.

Now if you are looking for a doom and gloom take on the latest news that will make you want to shake in your shoes and not leave your home, I suggest turning on the evening news and not hanging out on your rival schools message boards, because here we have hawk jokes and movie quotes.

Now be extra careful climbing down from your high horse, it's a long way down!

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
I am sure the suspect only wrote the note anticipating the need to protect his lady from a hawkeye football player at the campus bars.

No need to get the panties in the bunch hawk fans as I am sure there are a few hawk fans in the ped mall that are packing heat as well after the rash of violations by the football team.