Should ISU Subsidize Iowa Athletics?

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
This is a point that is not brought up enough.

Give Jamie Pollard a dollar and he will find a way to tuck it away and put it to good use after it becomes two dollars.

Give a Texas coach a dollar and it likely gets tucked somewhere else.
Bigger LED screens in each locker!! That's gotta be good for at least 2 more wins.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I’m curious what the TV contracts will be like after the new deals expire around 2030. Maybe the huge gap of say $100m vs $50m between P2 and Big 12 will narrow. I’d feel better about it if the numbers became something like 80/60 based on ratings, competitiveness, etc. especially if the money starts being used to pay players. But maybe I’m dreaming.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Give Jamie Pollard a dollar and he will find a way to tuck it away and put it to good use after it becomes two dollars.

The strippers g-string that's why the coaches date them.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

It brings to mind a treasured and poignant acronym applicable to Texas athletics--SAMSUBA!!

The origin of SAMSUBA

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Do you think that the extra money Iowa makes them have a competitive advantage in the major sports? For the sake of discussion let’s call that football and men’s basketball. Does the extra Iowa revenue give them an advantage in those sports? I don’t see it. Certainly in the non-revenue sports it does. Iowa has a better tv deal and gets more exposure. But I don’t think the money really makes any difference in those two sports.

Clone Head

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2018
Vancouver, WA
Iowa State fans already subsidize the Big 10 thru cable TV suscriptions. What does the Big 10 get? $5 a month whether you want the Big 10 network or not.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
In your scenario ISU would get a 1/2 share and the other half would go to Iowa, who would then be making 1.5x everyone else in the Big 10?
I mean, once you factor the price of annual lawsuits at Iowa, Iowa wouldn't be making that much more ;)

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
But with all that money, they can afford to hire an AD, MFC, and MBC who can use it wisely. Even a blind pig can find a truffle once in a while.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Give me a little latitude on this one and read the whole post before lynching me.

Suppose someone found a loophole in the Big 12 media agreement and figured out that Iowa State could get out before the next year.

Suppose the Big 10 came to Iowa State and said: "We'll let you in but you need to take a 1/2 share so that Iowa can get a bigger share."

The money would be better for Iowa State, but you would be making your rival that much better.

Would you do it?

The reason I ask is that is exactly what Washington State and Oregon State might be getting asked to do. Their option might be give their rival more money to stay in a watered down Pac 10/12 or be relegated to the Mountain West.

Oh, how the fates of Iowa State and Washington State have changed after the 2019 Alamo Bowl.
This EASILY takes the lead for dumbest, most ridiculous, as* backwards, inbred, monkey a*s post of the year. Where's the Tylenol.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron