Alert: Site Update: Everybody please watch

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Excellent video - we're all Cyclones. There shouldn't be any nasty arguments, e.g. calling fellow fans "not true fans" or thread hijacking. My experience has been really good (with couple of exceptions) - everyone is really nice and helpful with comments and suggestions and I hate to see this site filled with people being disrespectful by any means.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm digging the Reservoir Dogs tie.
Hijacking should be allowed in Off Topic threads. It's half the fun.

Threads naturally can turn to other topics (so hijacking is allowed to a certain extent), but starting off hijacking them intentionally is not allowed. When someone starts a thread, they usually actually want to discuss the topic at hand.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Agree 100% C-Dub. The WBB, FB, VB, Wrestling & other ISU teams that are working hard and getting results should never have their threads hijacked to post smack about GMac & the MBB team. There's a whole forum dedicated to that, and the complaints about GMac should be kept over there. Even if you find GMac to be a joke as I do, its disrespectful to our other coaches & players to insert it into other threads.

LOL. +1?

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Threads naturally can turn to other topics (so hijacking is allowed to a certain extent), but starting off hijacking them intentionally is not allowed. When someone starts a thread, they usually actually want to discuss the topic at hand.
That's what I meant, really. Off topic threads lend themselves to go down different paths, and those different paths always end up being the most entertaining and interesting conversations. We could start new threads for all those diversions, but that would get out of hand quick. Then we'd be here ******** about the number of threads out there. It's annoying to have someone keep saying "stay on topic" in those threads. I say enjoy the ride.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
You know Chris, you sound quality would improve dramatically if you used an XLR cable and a lavaliere microphone. Just suggestion if it's in the budget.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Excellent video, and yeah, it should be required viewing to sign up and post.

Incidently, that is a hilarious looking freeze image to start the video. It looks like you're either going gansta on us, or about to jam two fingers in your mouth.
Looks like he's doing his best proctologist impression.

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
i love this video... I feel like we are all on a team (CF members) and Cwilly is our coach and he is trying to bring us together through emotional pep talk!!!!

PS: C-Willy.... please remove the pic of my girlfriend from your avatar