Help: Slow/Bad connection

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I don't know internet very well, so it could be me/my internet

Up until a few weeks ago, CF has worked just fine for me. But the last week or two, I've experienced some various issues with CF.

1. It runs very slow most of the time. I click forum, and it takes 5-10 seconds to get to forum.

2. I've noticed that there are a lot of times where it just stops loading and its completely blank. This happens probably 1 out of 5 times I change pages. This has happened the last 3 or 4 times I've tried changing pages tonight.

3. The last two weeks, about half the time I post something, as soon as I click "Submit Post," it will act like it is uploading, but then go to a blank page, and after a few minutes it tells me CF has stopped running and I should "kill pages"

I've ignored it in the past but tonight has been a bit worse. Not sure if it's a traffic issue or what. But it took me four attempts to finally get this thread posted, twice because it wouldn't load, and once because the post wouldn't load.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
How come it's always the fault of random thoughts???
:no:

I don't know **** about these things, but I think you may need to load all 9,000 posts of the random thought thread (including gifs) every time you open it, and that can eventually slow things down.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I don't know internet very well, so it could be me/my internet

Up until a few weeks ago, CF has worked just fine for me. But the last week or two, I've experienced some various issues with CF.

1. It runs very slow most of the time. I click forum, and it takes 5-10 seconds to get to forum.

2. I've noticed that there are a lot of times where it just stops loading and its completely blank. This happens probably 1 out of 5 times I change pages. This has happened the last 3 or 4 times I've tried changing pages tonight.

3. The last two weeks, about half the time I post something, as soon as I click "Submit Post," it will act like it is uploading, but then go to a blank page, and after a few minutes it tells me CF has stopped running and I should "kill pages"

I've ignored it in the past but tonight has been a bit worse. Not sure if it's a traffic issue or what. But it took me four attempts to finally get this thread posted, twice because it wouldn't load, and once because the post wouldn't load.

I think your tubes are blocked. Put some Drain-O on your computer.

(I've been having the same issue, it's probably our random thread but let us hit 10k first!)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I don't know **** about these things, but I think you may need to load all 9,000 posts of the random thought thread (including gifs) every time you open it, and that can eventually slow things down.

AHA!!!!!!

pointing my finger at Bret, and Hoppity, and ALarson, and...and...and...!!!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
AHA!!!!!!

pointing my finger at Bret, and Hoppity, and ALarson, and...and...and...!!!

Everybody always be blaming me today lol

Fwiw I noticed there was a DNS change today, wondering if that might be affecting some

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You were third on my list, so there's that! :)

Sooooo...what's a DNS change?

Basically:

The IP address of CF changed.

Whenever you open any site, your browser issues a DNS request to a DNS server that looks up the name to find its corresponding IP. Most DNS servers keep this information cached for a limited time (ie they arent constantly re-looking it up every time it is used). So when a server IP changes the corresponding DNS entry can take time to propagate through all the various servers used to locate it... which is why this morning i could access CF on my phone through verizon's network, but not through my PC which was using google dns.