So, Big 12 results in 'the dance' ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
So only BU and KU didn't play to their seed and they both still made the second weekend with KU making the Elite Eight. I guess maybe "as expected" would have included a Big 12 team in the Final Four but otherwise it wasn't really a bad year or anything.
I keep seeing this but it isn't really true. Baylor played to their seed. They just had a worse than expected opponent when they should theoretically have lost.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I keep seeing this but it isn't really true. Baylor played to their seed. They just had a worse than expected opponent when they should theoretically have lost.

Baylor had 5 seed talent and a 3 seed resume. I thought all along the Sweet 16 was their ceiling regardless of who they played.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Baylor had 5 seed talent and a 3 seed resume. I thought all along the Sweet 16 was their ceiling regardless of who they played.
I don't know about 5 seed talent but the way they played down the stretch I thought sweet 16 was their ceiling.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I think what ISU did to Purdue for that 10 minute stretch was the blue print Kansas used for about 30 minutes. Attack from the top of the key. Kansas just never got in a giant hole and hit their shots much earlier on than we did.
KU made a nice adjustment at halftime to have their big set their screen well above the three point line so the guard had more space to operate and the Purdue big had more space to cover. They are both slow footed stiffs so we worked them over pretty good after that.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I maybe old school,but defense wins championships. Does no good to score 100 pts if the other team scores 101 pts. I am glad CSP is trying to emphasis defense.
Aggressiveness at both ends and shot making win tourney games.

Help Support Us

Become a patron