So, I've lived in Des Moines for a Week...

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Not the same chain, but we do have a brazilian steakhouse, Brazil Terra Grill. Its pretty solid.

We had BAH, but it closed shortly after our party dined there. It was delicious but I feel like we were the reason they shut down. An all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse seems like a terrible business model with how much we ate relative to what we paid.

• Funny
Reactions: agentbear and NWICY

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Give me an Iowa chop over steak every time. Glad you liked it!
It is one of life's simple pleasures, for sure! I grew up eating those thin pork chops, usually fried. One of the few traditional southern cooking things that I really like. However, once I had an Iowa Chop (on my first visit to Iowa in 1987), I realized the error of my ways. Just a different world of pork!

Move forward to yesterday. I had the day off, so I was just putzing around the house doing this and that. My wife said she was heading to Hy-Vee and asked if I wanted anything. At first, I asked her to pick me up a nice steak from the butcher counter. Then, for some reason, as she was walking out the door, I asked her to pick me up an Iowa Chop instead.

So, she brought it home, I seasoned it up, cooked it in the oven, popped open a can of pork and beans (goes great with an Iowa Chop!) and had a mighty fine meal for under $6.

Just hit me right yesterday about how easy and so damn good an Iowa Chop can be on a lazy Friday! Life in Iowa is good.

fyi: I totally agree that it is better than a steak, and I LOVE me all kinds of steak!

Viva Des Moines!

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
And so it continues!

I went to my first Des Moines Oktoberfest this evening.

4 beers later, and I still love living in Des Moines!

Saw a Baylor fan (who came from Waco) and told him this was the first cold day of the season. LOL.

Let's Go State!
Beat the Bears!
I need another beer ticket....