Special Commencement Saturday

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wonder if they did any sort of survey to see if peeps would do that?

What percentage attend commencement these days? Was a big deal for me but that was a lifetime ago. Think my dad was in Ames only once in his life, when I graduated.

Reactions: Entropy

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I have a friend who was supposed to graduate from Western Michigan University in spring 2020. They had their graduation ceremonies last weekend and she attended.

Reactions: Entropy

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wonder if they did any sort of survey to see if peeps would do that?

What percentage attend commencement these days? Was a big deal for me but that was a lifetime ago. Think my dad was in Ames only once in his life, when I graduated.
I didn't go to my own hooding since none of my family could be there.

I'm taking my spouse to Ames for a birthday weekend and we had planned to go to Reiman Gardens since there was no game this weekend in Ames.
Not looking forward to battling the hordes if a bunch of students and families are going to be there.

• Dumb
Reactions: Maddhatter

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm taking my spouse to Ames for a birthday weekend and we had planned to go to Reiman Gardens since there was no game this weekend in Ames.
Not looking forward to battling the hordes if a bunch of students and families are going to be there.

Looks like around 3% elected to do the formal commencement thingie. So, no battling hordes of peeps today. ;)

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I just graduated in May. Didn’t know a single thing about this.

I also graduated in May. I remember getting an email maybe this summer asking about general interest for this. But I don't think I got anything since then with a real invite or further details.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
I also graduated in May. I remember getting an email maybe this summer asking about general interest for this. But I don't think I got anything since then with a real invite or further details.
Yeah I generally just delete every email I get. Just assuming they want more of my money

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron