Spring Game

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
This should be a good game as a measure of where the players are at. This quarterback controversy should be really interesting. Could we get a cybookie on who will start with the first team in the spring game?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This should be a good game as a measure of where the players are at. This quarterback controversy should be really interesting. Could we get a cybookie on who will start with the first team in the spring game?

That's easy - as Arnaud's really the only one that intimately knows the playbook, he's going to get the first team start. I don't see Bates, Tiller, or the guy from Louisiana having enough time with the team or reps to outdo Arnaud for the Spring start. The real question is who's the starting QB when August rolls around.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Please, be careful calling this the spring "game". To many, nothing tangible can be expected from it so it's just another practice.

For the rest of us that think there should be some meaningful play calling, it is the spring game.

Hasbeen

Apr 3, 2006
I heard they were replacing the turf (with new grass) this year as well. They might do that after the spring game, but that may affect the status of the game as well.

I think Jamie wants to try to get 1 or 2 more seasons out of the current turf. He addressed this issue on the Applebee's show or some other radio interview this past fall.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I attended spring games in the past when the whole lower level was open (or at least the west side) - as recently as the late 90's or early 00's, if I recall correctly. Used to always be the Saturday of VEISHEA, but that has changed.

As far as the grass - I seem to remember that the field was rated one of the best natural grass fields in college football. Anyone have an article/link to back that up?