Stoops not getting it done in bowls

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Stoops wouldn't do any better at Iowa than Ferentz is. OU is so loaded with players they could win 9 games a year without a coach.

I totally disagree. Iowa would be much better with Stoops. Everyone always seems to forget that OU only averaged 6 wins a year for the decade prior to Stoops' arrival...Gibbs, Schnellenberger, and Blake couldn't keep what Switzer started going and Stoops rekindled it...he has averaged 10 wins a year in his 9 years.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
I totally disagree. Iowa would be much better with Stoops. Everyone always seems to forget that OU only averaged 6 wins a year for the decade prior to Stoops' arrival...Gibbs, Schnellenberger, and Blake couldn't keep what Switzer started going and Stoops rekindled it...he has averaged 10 wins a year in his 9 years.

I complete agree. You have be a good coach to be able to rebuild a porgram like they did. All be it, he may not be able to get all of the same recruits at Iowa, he would be a lot better than what they currently have.

His preperation has to change next year if doesn't want to get outcoached in the bowl like the last couple of years.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Anyone that things Stoops is a great coach nuts. Sure the guy rebuilt a team with almost endless funds, a great history, and a better group of players than ISU has ever had waiting when he took the job. I have never seen a coach do a worse job of preparing for bowls than he has the last 4 years. What the heck is OK doing before those games?

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Hey, why does Bob Stoops eat his Cheerios on a plate?

Because if they were in a bowl he'd lose them all!

WAH-wah