TCU going Briles strong

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Art Briles and Sonny Dykes were Tx Juco Tech staff members under the pirate, 2000-2002.

Nothing dirty ever happened then I'm sure.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Art Briles and Sonny Dykes were Tx Juco Tech staff members under the pirate, 2000-2002.

Nothing dirty ever happened then I'm sure.

I’d have major issues with them hiring Art, but his son? It’s shady but not unethical. I think Kendal was filling up water bottles at Baylor when all the horrible stuff went down

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
OU's offensive coordinator, Jeff Lebby, was on Art's staff as well. There's something to be said here for a second chance for the guys not named Art Briles.

I suspect they knew, learned, and won't repeat. If they do, then in this case is falls right atop the towers of TCU.

Private schools seem to have more leeway. Look at Rick Pitino coaching Iona. Personally, I don't care unless something bad happens.

Baylor​

Lebby came back to the collegiate ranks in 2008, and served various roles for Baylor across nine seasons which included passing game coordinator for two seasons. From 2008 to 2011, he was the assistant director of football operations.[3] He also served five seasons as a running backs coach.[3]

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
People who are upset at Kendall Briles going to TCU are trying to get clicks or getting excited selectively. Kendall Briles has coached at FAU, Houston, FSU and Arkansas since leaving Baylor. Why not the outrage at his other 4 coaching stops?

Also why is Kendall Briles more toxic than other coaches on the Baylor staff. Like some in the media, TCU already had 2 former Art Briles Baylor coaches/S&C guys on their staff.

I don't even know if KB was guilty of anything at Baylor. But if he was, I haven't seen anything negative about him for the last 6 years. Life is about learning from your mistakes and 2nd chances.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron