Tech doesn't make NIT ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I think there were something like 10 automatic bids in a field of 32 so 22 at large. Surprised Iowa was basically in the first 4 out even after getting whipped by IU in the first round of the Big10 Tourney.
I think they are a one seed because they believe it will sell more tickets. Iowa fans aren't necessarily disappointed with an NIT bid like IU fans are.

• Informative
Reactions: cygrads

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Understand Indiana turned down a home game due, supposedly, to renovation of Assembly Hall, a building that should be replaced rather than patched. But rather, I suspect, IU admins didn't think the empty seats look would be all that appealing given fans overall disappointment with NIT bid.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Understand Indiana turned down a home game due, supposedly, to renovation of Assembly Hall, a building that should be replaced rather than patched. But I suspect IU admins didn't think the empty seats look would be all that appealing given fans overall disappointment with NIT bid.
Indiana corrected that - they said they turned down a home game because "their students were on spring break." But 10 other NIT schools who are hosting games are also on spring break, so it sounds kinda funny to me.
Indiana would sell lots of tickets, their fan support is maybe the best of any team in the NIT field. Are they trying to sabotage Crean?
If I was an Indiana player, I would be pissed...

http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2017/3/12/14903384/indiana-nit-home-game-spring-break-georgia-tech

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Guess Tech didn't want to settle for the CIT. ;) I think that loss to Texas probably did them in regarding NIT.