Texas Recruiting

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I was looking how everyone stacked in the Big12 for recruiting and noticed the Texas Committment list for next year had 20 guys committed next year and 19 are from the state of Texas. I wonder why their recruiting budget is so much if all they get is In state kids?

OU had 14 kids committed with 10 of them from Texas. They had 3- 5 stars, and 7- 4 stars on that list.

Baylor has 10 kids comitted and 9 are from Texas.

Texas A&M has 23/24 of their Committments from the State of Texas.

T.Tech has 7/11 kids from Texas

OSU has 19/30 from Texas

The thing that got me is that most of the texas commits where 3-5 stars players. Its amazing to me that one state can produce so many star athletes, but I guess they have a lot of people living there also. Iowa would be lucky to have 1 - 5 star player come out of highschool.

I knew Texas football was serious, but dang.:notworthy:

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Texas and aTm usually have about 20 verbal commits each by July! Almost all Texans.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
They bring in a big gaggle of 20 recruits early for a hoe down/cookoff and are down by football season kickoff. Look at their summer visit list.

NE is back to 18

goldmember

May 31, 2006
I was looking how everyone stacked in the Big12 for recruiting and noticed the Texas Committment list for next year had 20 guys committed next year and 19 are from the state of Texas. I wonder why their recruiting budget is so much if all they get is In state kids?

OU had 14 kids committed with 10 of them from Texas. They had 3- 5 stars, and 7- 4 stars on that list.

Baylor has 10 kids comitted and 9 are from Texas.

Texas A&M has 23/24 of their Committments from the State of Texas.

T.Tech has 7/11 kids from Texas

OSU has 19/30 from Texas

The thing that got me is that most of the texas commits where 3-5 stars players. Its amazing to me that one state can produce so many star athletes, but I guess they have a lot of people living there also. Iowa would be lucky to have 1 - 5 star player come out of highschool.

I knew Texas football was serious, but dang.:notworthy:

Actually, Iowa State has a larger "Recruiting Budget" than Texas for this very reason.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Plus, they have spring football in Texas just like the colleges. I've made quite a few trips to Texas and am amazed, at least in the Dallas area, at some of the HS stadiums. Luxury boxes and giant video boards!! These guys get tons more reps in high school.
One other thing is that I believe in larger population areas the athletes tend to specialize in one sport plus maybe run track, where in more rural areas guys play more sports partly because of the numbers. That's my theory anyway.

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
It doesn't hurt that they can play football all the time while high school kids here are stuck inside wrestling due to winter weather. See a trend there??:wink:

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
It doesn't hurt that they can play football all the time while high school kids here are stuck inside wrestling due to winter weather. See a trend there??:wink:

True - our high schools around here are just now starting to finish their playoffs.

usnclone

Feb 9, 2007
Listening to the commentators prior to the 5A championship against Katy and Pflugerville they said that Texas averages around 350 Div. 1 recruits a year. I knew they produced a lot but that kind of took me back a little.