The 2021 NCAA WBB Tournament Discussion Thread (Go Cyclones!)

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I know, it seemed like it. I think I might have been thinking that Hawaii tourney game also but looked it up and saw just the one.

Now, Georgia, I did remembered those correctly. Bummer watching one of those at The Barn in Mpls after having a big gamewatch party before hand at Sally's Tavern just down the street. Lot's of WBB alumnus in attendence, Welle, Taylor etc.

The 2 times we were in same area with them. Isu was hosting as a 7 or 10 seed against Florida state. Stanford was the 2. We lost to FSU.

The other was recently as the 3 and Stanford was again the 2. Had we taken care of business against Missouri state we would have faced them in the sweet 16.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I know, it seemed like it, right? I think I might have been thinking that Hawaii tourney game also but looked it up and saw just the one.

Now, Georgia, I did remembered those correctly. Bummer watching one of those at The Barn in Mpls after having a big gamewatch party before hand at Sally's Tavern just down the street. Lot's of WBB alumnae in attendance, Welle, Taylor etc.

I was at that bar too. Remember Taylor being rather "under the weather." The game was a heartbreaker for sure.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I was at that bar too. Remember Taylor being rather "under the weather." The game was a heartbreaker for sure.

Will have to look for some pictures of that and post them as a March flashback. Took a bunch for the our Twin Cities alumni club for the old interweb site.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Okay found my pics from the 2007 games. St. Patrick's day for our game against Washington which we rolled in. And than got rolled by Georgia on Monday. Had lots of people pics from the pre-game at sally's, here's some with peeps you might recognize.

hoiberg n family cf scale.JPG holly_kate.jpg julie and sean CF scale.jpg megan n holly cf scale.JPG Welle n Cyclone Alley.JPG

Reactions: Buster28

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Stanford wins by 1 to win Title. Was a close game that had a compelling finish but the quality of play that game was pretty poor.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
That was a very poorly played basketball game. The last 5 minutes looked like two high school teams not know how to play. The last 6 secywere an exciting ending but Geesh.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Trying to remember if they always play the final that early. Just checked figuring that game would be halfway over or just starting and it's over.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
It's been a memorable NCAA tourney. Put the issues such as equality and officiating aside, it's been an overall very successful event. I'm grateful to have something to cheer for and someone I can look up to in such an unprecedented difficult time. I have no doubt our team will come back ten times stronger and finish what they have left. I appreciate the interactions with you fanatics on this board in the past few months.

Here's the "One Shining Moment" from our beloved Twister Sisters...

Reactions: cyguy9320

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron