The New Guy

Feb 24, 2010
Dike, IA
Gooooooooood morning Cyclone Fanatics!

My name is Adam. South Dakota born. Lived in the Cedar Falls area for most of my life. Attend same high school and played football for the same coach as Cyclones WR Lane Danielsen. Our coach is now the head coach at West Des Moines Catholic High School.

I would like to say that I'm a Cyclone fan born and raised, but I can't having South Dakota State parents (that 2008 season opener was an exciting game for my family) and such. I really don't remember how or when I became a Cyclone fan, I just remember watching them growing up and my blood became Cardinal and Gold.

I have a mild form of the condition cerebral palsy. People say they don't notice that I have it unless I point it out to them. Because of the condition combined with head injuries suffered in a car accident, I was never cleared to play contact football. Until one day a doctor cleared me to play the kicker as long as I avoid contact if the situation in a game arises.

So in the summer of 2001, my dad and I (both Chicago Bears fans) headed down to Ames to attend a kicking game that was be led by former Bears kicker Mac Percival, and it was being held on the ISU campus, though this camp wasn't associated with the university. At the camp, I met a kicker for the "other team" Nate Kaeding. He took me under his wing and have been friends for 10 years now. He even gave me a game ball at the Chargers-Vikings game in 2007, the game Adrian Peterson went for 296. I like to brag that I was there. I'm now the assistant director of the camp and get to work in instructing kickers every summer. And he's cool with the fact that I bleed Cardinal and Gold.

That's it for now.

CYCLONE POWER!

Reactions: CycloneYoda

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Welcome.

new_guy_the_2002_685x385.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron