THE OTHER RECRUITING METHOD

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Ten wins. Top 20. Run at conference championship. All-conference honorable mention.
They have the potential to get back to 9 wins this year. How many Seniors will start this year?

Don't think KSU has the athletes to compete with OU or OSU this year. Not to mention Texas and TCU should be better than they have been and certainly have the athletes.

If Snyders health is a legitimate issue (i hope its not), we will likely see KSU drop off a little bit.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
They have the potential to get back to 9 wins this year. How many Seniors will start this year? O'line 1; receivers 0; backfield 0; D'line 2; linebackers 2; d'backs 1.

Don't think KSU has the athletes to compete with OU or OSU this year. Not to mention Texas and TCU should be better than they have been and certainly have the athletes. OU and oSu are favorites, agree.

If Snyders health is a legitimate issue (i hope its not), we will likely see KSU drop off a little bit.Cancer is a legitimate issue.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Snyder is the best coach in college football. We need to follow a similar blueprint to be successful here, particularly his attention to details. Really hoping Campbell can be that guy for us.

• Agree
Reactions: norcalcy and surly

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
"Jessie" Ertz completed 57% of his passes last year and was 9-4 TD to INT ratio. Ran for 12 TDs

Lanning completed 58% of his passes last year and was 9-3 TD to INT ratio. Ran for 11 TDs

Should be noted that Lanning split time the entire season with Park, had 100 less passing attempts and 60 fewer rushes. Imagine what he'd do playing an entire season under Snyder. The only QB's Ertz should be compared to are former Snyder QB's, in that regard, he's pretty average. It's a different system but K State qb's are no different than Texas Tech's, they are all system guys who are going to get their numbers.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyballzz

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
His real name is Tom Marvolo Riddle.

Wait...a sec...ond...

giphy.gif

Reactions: knowlesjam

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
"Jessie" Ertz completed 57% of his passes last year and was 9-4 TD to INT ratio. Ran for 12 TDs

Lanning completed 58% of his passes last year and was 9-3 TD to INT ratio. Ran for 11 TDs

This, the talent Snyder has, that Hayden had and that Ferentz has hung on to is getting and developing line talent. That is nearly all of the difference between ISU football and KSU football.

Don't forget that Lanning wasn't starting at end of the year either.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Once does not make a trend.

Scoring a last minute TD, only to have our extra point blocked was pretty bad too. Or the year before, when Arnaud had ARob streaking to the end zone wide open to take the lead and overthrew him.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Meh. I'd say it's not far fetched to say that ISU and KSU are very similar in talent from year to year, but KSU has coached in circles around ISU and usually wins the battle up front.
Not sure how you would measure the talent differential, but I don't recall many Jordy Nelson, Darren Sproles, Terence Newman, Tyler Lockett, Cody Whitehair, Arthur Brown types playing at Ames over the years. And football is won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We all know that. So, to suggest K-State has had an advantage there seems illogical to the parity argument.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Not sure how you would measure the talent differential, but I don't recall many Jordy Nelson, Darren Sproles, Tyler Lockett types playing at Ames over the years. And football is won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We all know that. So, to suggest K-State has had an advantage there seems illogical to the parity argument.
Kansas St for the last 7-8 years hasn't been much more talented than ISU. If you can't realize that by watching them play each other, then I don't know what to tell you.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
No problem here with KSU. Their success and relevance is one of the few things that give me hope as a Cyclone football fan. A Plan, well thought out recruiting strategy, high football IQ, attention to detail, staff stability.... they all add up to success. They did it, we can do it.