This is pretty interesting politics ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I think it's more disturbing than silly. If it doesn't affect you in any way I could see how someone could think it's just silly. Personally I think it's horrendous when someone's rights are being infringed upon.
Does that rights thing go both ways or just yours?

I think this has gone, predictably, the direction it wasn't meant. I see great hypocrisy here by the conference and NCAA, given UNC academic issues and Penn State's raping. Let's just leave it at that.

I won't comment further on people's political agenda's here. I don't believe this is a politics board.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

I think this has gone, predictably, the direction it wasn't meant. I see great hypocrisy here by the conference and NCAA, given UNC academic issues and Penn State's raping. Let's just leave it at that.

I won't comment further on people's political agenda's here. I don't believe this is a politics board.

Sorry. What other way would the rights go? I'm not following you.

Also I apologize for getting upset. I have friends and family who are affected by bills like this and it makes me ticked off.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Read article (a) in the opening post.
I did. It says if...the ACC boycotts again.

I will repeat, since you didn't seem to understand my request. I remember the NCAA pulling tournament games (or threatening to). I do NOT remember the ACC not allowing UNC to have home games.

You made this claim: "but not okay for a university(s) - which strongly opposed the bathroom measure - to continue playing games in their home state. Right. It's all so logical."
When did that happen? Link, please.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

Here's a thought. It doesn't really belong in the Big XII conference thread either. It should have started in the cave.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I know this is going to probably get this thread sent to the cave, but the NC legislature followed that up with a bill that would ban gay marriage in the state. The House Speaker has already said that the bill is already dead in house, but that's a pretty stupid move from NC lawmakers to follow up the bathroom bill fiasco by escalating their fight against a ruling by the US Supreme Court.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article144169109.html

Here's hoping more businesses get out of that state - those lawmakers need to worry about other things beside basketball.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I know this is going to probably get this thread sent to the cave, but the NC legislature followed that up with a bill that would ban gay marriage in the state. The House Speaker has already said that the bill is already dead in house, but that's a pretty stupid move from NC lawmakers to follow up the bathroom bill fiasco by escalating their fight against a ruling by the US Supreme Court.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article144169109.html

Here's hoping more businesses get out of that state - those lawmakers need to worry about other things beside basketball.
I started a thread on that other topic. It IS in the cave. :)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron