Tom Crean Fired from Indiana

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wow. that surprises me. I thought he'd get another year.

Forget Scott Drew, they should hire Bryce Drew!

Although I saw a couple Steve Alford rumors last night.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
If I were to guess, I'd say that it'll be either Alford (70%) or Gregg Marshall (30%).

There is rumored interest from Alford in the IU job.

The Hoosier fanbase seems split about 50/50 as to whether they want Alford. Will be interesting.

I think Crean may end up at NC State if they cant get Archie.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Destroy? Disagree.
It won't change Baylor's proximity to a lot of great recruits. They and TCU will always be able to get recruits

Baylor was abysmal before they had Drew. They never got the top talent that Texas/A&M would get before. Now throw in Dixon at TCU, I can see Baylor quickly going back to the basement if Drew were to leave.

• Agree
Reactions: NetflixAndClone

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
There is rumored interest from Alford in the IU job.

The Hoosier fanbase seems split about 50/50 as to whether they want Alford. Will be interesting.

I think Crean may end up at NC State if they cant get Archie.

Indiana fans should be happy if Alford comes back. He actually has a pretty good coaching career at this point.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Why? It can pay him just as much, the expectations are the same, and its his alma mater. Ill be somewhat surprised if its not Alford, especially knowing his son graduates this year.

I just think, why leave a blue blood for another, supposed blue blood that has been struggling? Even if it's your old alma mater. (Bill Self sure as hell isn't going to coach OSU.... note: Alfraud is not on Billy-boy's level.) But that's just me. Plus, Cali-Cali recruitment in the poor PAC 12 is looking up for UCLA.