Transferring spotify to Itunes/Apple music

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Any advice out there? Seems to be mixed messages.

I threw down for Spotify to be able to download albums and am trying to get it to transfer to Itunes, to eventually listen via a device in the car through USB port etc.

I don't want to use Spotify via my phone and aux cable.

I'm not techy so I'll need it explained like I'm 6 in a world without spotify.

TIA.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
So you want to listen on a device other than your phone in your car? Can you not just get Spotify on that device and download your content to it?

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I thought Spotify was only for streaming, but I'm not really up on it... Is Apple Carplay an option?

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015

I threw down for Spotify to be able to download albums and am trying to get it to transfer to Itunes, to eventually listen via a device in the car through USB port etc.

TIA.

If the aux cable is the killer for you here you can buy a bluetooth/aux adapter where you connect via your aux port then the phone connects to the device via bluetooth. This is also a great gadget for old receivers and whatnot where you want bluetooth connectivity. I bought the one in the link below and it works perfectly with solid battery life.

The other option is to invest in a new head unit for your vehicle. This will greatly improve sound quality and functionality but if you aren't a tech guy you might not want to deal with the installation.

Here's the adapter I purchased:

Amazon product

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado

TIA.
You can't "transfer" albums you've downloaded from Spotify to itunes. You don't own them, you rented them.

Why don't you want to use spotify on your phone? That's like...how it's done.

85clone

Jan 2, 2010
.... to Itunes, to eventually listen via a device in the car through USB port etc.

It sounds like you are open to using a corded connection of some type. I don't know anything about your particular head unit, but if it offers both a USB and aux, you should be set. I also don't know if your car offers either Apple Car Play or Android Auto, but if it does, you should be able to connect via Bluetooth. The earlier referenced Bluetooth/aux dongle should work for your needs as well.
Once you have the connection figured out, whatever paid service you use shouldn't really matter. Just a matter of preference.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You can't "transfer" albums you've downloaded from Spotify to itunes. You don't own them, you rented them.

Why don't you want to use spotify on your phone? That's like...how it's done.

I'm ok with spotify on/through the phone. I don't want to use the aux cable for output.

I have a basic unit and not even sure if it has blue tooth tbh.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
If the aux cable is the killer for you here you can buy a bluetooth/aux adapter where you connect via your aux port then the phone connects to the device via bluetooth. This is also a great gadget for old receivers and whatnot where you want bluetooth connectivity. I bought the one in the link below and it works perfectly with solid battery life.

The other option is to invest in a new head unit for your vehicle. This will greatly improve sound quality and functionality but if you aren't a tech guy you might not want to deal with the installation.

Here's the adapter I purchased:

Amazon product

thx to you i just bought this for my 2011 altima thats my commuter car!

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
thx to you i just bought this for my 2011 altima thats my commuter car!

I have a 2013 Honda Fit that I plan to run into the ground (roughly 180k on it now...should make it to 300k) and it didn't have Bluetooth so I was auxing in with my phone. When I got a newer Samsung Galaxy it didn't have an Aux cable so I needed an immediate solution. This fit the bill and actually boosted (as in it pipes in sound at a slightly higher volume than what pushed through on the phone via Aux) my volume a bit.

I rolled with this about a month and decided to upgrade my head unit as well as speakers. For roughly 300 I was able to vastly upgrade the quality and power of the head unit as well as the speakers. The JVC head unit I went with has a pretty good programmable equalizer interface which allowed me to hone in the treble and really enhance the thump on the kick drum. Using Crutchfield and their harnesses make it pretty easy so long as you don't encounter ******** issues like misaligned brackets (drill your own holes) and some of the other minor but aggravating issues you can encounter on those type of projects.

Jeffrey Scott

Sep 28, 2017
I have Spotify on my phone and my desktop. The greatest thing ever in my view. In the car I listen via Bluetooth. In the house I run it through Sonos, and I'm 70! I still have my college Marantz 2240, a Dual turntable and some JBL speakers. Even I've come a long way. Unless I move into the McIntosh level of audio equipment, I'm a happy guy.

BTW, I don't know what a head unit is...is that a bad thing?

Reactions: Turn2

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
A bigger challenge in my opinion is trying to get songs paid for on an old iPod to a new device purchased under an old email address with forgotten passwords. Impossible. . I tried everything and gave up, including a 50 dollar online app. A couple hundred down the drain. Or maybe I’m just stupid