Trying to sort new B12 football rivalries ...

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
They're the biggest brand though coming to the conference this year. Understand they serve free ice cream to visiting fans. That's rather neighborly.

Y46QRHRAXQ2BUAL3TTKZH7PTD4.jpg

Do I have to sit through a presentation first?

There's gotta be a catch

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think the hatred for Texas has grown for everyone.

All sorts of reasons why buy for me a big one is how mediocre they've been but they still get prime treatment.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I'd lean more toward OSU for Iowa State. The baseball/wrestling thing alone. 2 big sports we don't compete. Plus, up til last year what kind of rival has Kstate been? Not for a lucky pass against us their season would have been "meh" in football. Doubt kstate see's anything like last year again. That bowl game showed how average the big12 was last season. Kstate got pasted. Enrollment/academics/geography I wouldn't consider Kstate a rival.

• Disagree
Reactions: NWICY

Soocity

May 8, 2023
My rival is Iowa or whoever we otherwise play that day. I do respect the land grant schools more though.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'd lean more toward OSU for Iowa State. The baseball/wrestling thing alone. 2 big sports we don't compete. Plus, up til last year what kind of rival has Kstate been? Not for a lucky pass against us their season would have been "meh" in football. Doubt kstate see's anything like last year again. That bowl game showed how average the big12 was last season. Kstate got pasted. Enrollment/academics/geography I wouldn't consider Kstate a rival.
Confused by this. Kansas State doesn't have wrestling, is that what you're getting at?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If I had to pair them to maximize hatred...

Baylor/BYU -- Baptists versus LDS

Cincinnati/UCF -- no tremendous history together but they're both coming from the American

Iowa State/Oklahoma State -- old Big Eight rivals, wrestling rivals, the basketball games always feature a lot of chirping, and Rhoads did cost the Cowboys a shot to play in a national title game

Houston/West Virginia -- this list probably needs revised once Holgerson moves on

Kansas/Kansas State -- the classic instate U. of versus State University

Tech/TCU -- ol' time Southwest Conference rivalry in north/west Texas

And then these ********...

Texas/Oklahoma -- **** them enjoy Alabama and Georgia's boots on your necks

• Creative
Reactions: Soocity

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I think they are a pretty good rival, pretty even in most sports. Similar curriculum etc... plus IRL their fans are decent just like okie state

• Informative
Reactions: Soocity

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I think they are a pretty good rival, pretty even in most sports. Similar curriculum etc... plus IRL their fans are decent just like okie state
I (and Pepperidge Farms) remembers a thread many moons ago about teams/fan bases that you appreciate or at least can put up with. OSU and TCU are two that I can cheer for when not playing ISU. KSU is not far behind (except for EMAW). TTech: I like the gaucho guys, but their MBB can bite me.
KU would be next and WVU is down quite a ways below those.
Baylor, OU, UT-never in a million moons.

Reactions: NWICY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I (and Pepperidge Farms) remembers a thread many moons ago about teams/fan bases that you appreciate or at least can put up with. OSU and TCU are two that I can cheer for when not playing ISU. KSU is not far behind (except for EMAW). TTech: I like the gaucho guys, but their MBB can bite me.
KU would be next and WVU is down quite a ways below those.
Baylor, OU, UT-never in a million moons.
Tech fans I've encountered are pretty self aware for being from Texas. They have almost always been pretty good to shoot the sh*t with.

Soocity

May 8, 2023
Texas Tech has a hostile stadium environment though for visitor fans. TCU is nice because no one cares much and the building is half empty unless it's last year.