Trying to track down a Sour form Craft Beer Tent

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
So, my daughter and I were at Craft Beer Tent at State Fair Saturday. She had a sour that I really liked and was trying to find it. I could have swore it was from Backpocket in IA City and was called Florida Man. But there's nothing on their website.

Anyone know anything about it? Or, maybe I'm wrong on the name or brewery. It was a pineapple/peach sour.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
You are correct in what it was. I went to the craft beer tent website and it is listed there. Maybe it was something they brewed up for the fair?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Thanks,
I kicked BackPocket an email this morning and the reply said they still have some left in their taproom but do not plan on putting it in their line up.

Anyone else find anything exceptional at the Craft Beer Tent?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Thanks,
I kicked BackPocket an email this morning and the reply said they still have some left in their taproom but do not plan on putting it in their line up.

Time to go get a growler full;).

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Thanks,

That blows. Any other good Iowa sours you can recommend?

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
The Big Grove Que Sera has been a good go to sour beer for me.
Their Passion Project has been my favorite shelf beer so far this year. IMO, they're absolutely killing it since they started canning. Easy Eddy is the ideal crusher beer.

Singlespeed is also doing awesome things. I love Victory Dance as a go to IPA. Their sours are great. Their "Nimble Series" IPA's have been really interesting too.

It's nice to have good breweries in Iowa who aren't charging $18 for a 4 pack and are still pumping out consistently quality beer.

• Agree
Reactions: Entropy

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Their Passion Project has been my favorite shelf beer so far this year. IMO, they're absolutely killing it since they started canning. Easy Eddy is the ideal crusher beer.

Singlespeed is also doing awesome things. I love Victory Dance as a go to IPA. Their sours are great. Their "Nimble Series" IPA's have been really interesting too.

It's nice to have good breweries in Iowa who aren't charging $18 for a 4 pack and are still pumping out consistently quality beer.
Sounds like Surly.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Sounds like Surly.
Toppling Goliath. You're telling me it costs an extra $4 per 4 pack to "double dry hop" a beer? Give me a break. Upgrading to a high tech, fully automated, high efficiency system has allowed them to justify raising prices while absolutely crushing it with profits.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Toppling Goliath. You're telling me it costs an extra $4 per 4 pack to "double dry hop" a beer? Give me a break. Upgrading to a high tech, fully automated, high efficiency system has allowed them to justify raising prices while absolutely crushing it with profits.
Surly is similar. They are the most expensive craft brewer up here in MN and they have the biggest, most efficient system.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron