Twister Sister Summary - Should the women's season be separated?

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Want to hurt womens basketball even more, separate them, and go to nutral sites for all games. You will see games with maybe 2000 people or less for the tourney. Just look at the attendence for the Big 12 tourney this year.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Want to hurt womens basketball even more, separate them, and go to nutral sites for all games. You will see games with maybe 2000 people or less for the tourney. Just look at the attendence for the Big 12 tourney this year.
Creighton men in CBI had 3600 last Monday after averaging 15500.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Keep it the same.

Interest in WBB cannot be forced, it has to evolve. It still isn't widely popular, but obviously its following is much larger than it was less than 20 years ago. WBB tournament will draw some crossover interest taking place during the MBB when March Madness is full speed. -- it's already staggered Sat-Sun-Mon-Tues so it doesn't compete directly. Fans aren't in "tournament mode" in late February ... and if it was in April, college basketball season is officially over.

Similar to other posts, I use WNBA as an example. I don't even follow NBA anymore, and wouldn't watch much WNBA even if the season wasn't pushed into summer. But it pretty much guarantees I'd never follow it. I'm not big on sports out-of-season. I couldn't bring myself to watch NFL Europe, for example.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Personally, I want it to stay the same. I thoroughly enjoy going to watch the Hawks play, and that was honestly much more fun last year than going to the men's games.

If there was a way to stagger the seasons a little, and have the women finish in mid-May, that would be okay (at least that would give me some games to go to over the 2nd half of the semester). But I still prefer it the way it is.

Help Support Us

Become a patron