Twister Sister Summary - that sound wasn't a toilet flushing...it was Tech threes

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I also noticed this during the Baylor game.
This is an area that coaches talk about on many occasions about defense is an area that freshman struggle with at first. Many never had to play tough defense in high school but now it is very important that they do. They will get better or they will see less time on the floor so we will see who steps their defense up.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Outside of the first quarter turnovers werent an issue with only 7 the rest of the game. The shooting disparity really hurt…we had one of our top scorers essentially be non productive on the offensive end.
I have seen several players do this. Might be there way of communicating.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I lost track of how many times Emily had to direct someone to cover an open player while she was at the top of that zone. It was pretty pitiful.
Interesting take - I had a conflict and didn't see it live - I pulled it up last night and let it run while I was doing other things, so I wasn't paying "close" attention. I thought Emily was frequently out of position, late arriving and wasn't she the one who fouled the three-point shooter for a four-point play? I wouldn't give her a free pass for her passive play on D...

On a positive note, Bristow looked good again - for multiple reasons, not the least of which is retaining her services going forward, we need to find more PT for the young lady!

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I know that Bill likes to show loyalty to upperclassmen but there is absolutely no reason diew should be playing more mins than joens or bristow. I hope diew comes out if it soon but right now she is absolutely killing us on both ends of the court.

Reactions: acoustimac

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Interesting take - I had a conflict and didn't see it live - I pulled it up last night and let it run while I was doing other things, so I wasn't paying "close" attention. I thought Emily was frequently out of position, late arriving and wasn't she the one who fouled the three-point shooter for a four-point play? I wouldn't give her a free pass for her passive play on D...

On a positive note, Bristow looked good again - for multiple reasons, not the least of which is retaining her services going forward, we need to find more PT for the young lady!
I wasn't intending to give her a free pass. The defense across the board was horrendous, I would have much rather seen them go to a switching man than that weak zone.

Also that 4 point foul call was weak. She flew by and the shooter dropped her hand to initiate contact. Yes she made contact but I hate those weak calls where the defender is clearing and the shooter moves their leg or arm into the defender to create contact.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I wasn't intending to give her a free pass. The defense across the board was horrendous, I would have much rather seen them go to a switching man than that weak zone.

Also that 4 point foul call was weak. She flew by and the shooter dropped her hand to initiate contact. Yes she made contact but I hate those weak calls where the defender is clearing and the shooter moves their leg or arm into the defender to create contact.
Even the horrid announcers commented on the acting job