Tyrese Haliburton Draft Stock Still on the Rise

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
Just listening to the latest Bill Simmons Podcast and at the 50 min mark Simmons just named Haliburton as his guy in the draft. BS and Tjarks go on 10 minute gushing assessement. The stock continues to rise....

I listened to this as well. Simmons goes on to say he’s the guy Minnesota should take at #1 but won’t.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Wow.

Note: For some reason this article is available when I open it on my phone but blocked by a paywall on my desktop.

Can't read it? Basically saying it wouldn't be totally crazy if the Warriors selected him with the number two pick. Has all of the intangibles that would make him fit well on that roster.

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
Wow.

Note: For some reason this article is available when I open it on my phone but blocked by a paywall on my desktop.

Can't read it? Basically saying it wouldn't be totally crazy if the Warriors selected him with the number two pick. Has all of the intangibles that would make him fit well on that roster.

If other teams are seeing him in the 6-10 range it would make sense for the warriors to trade down to 5 or so if they want Tyrese.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Wow.

This would be an insane landing spot for Tyrese but I think the Warriors will trade out of 2. Many mocks have him going 8th to the Knicks, which would be awful.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
This would be an insane landing spot for Tyrese but I think the Warriors will trade out of 2. Many mocks have him going 8th to the Knicks, which would be awful.
I can remember when people said a dead end, poor drafting team like the Chicago Bulls would be a horrible place for a kid out of North Carolina named Jordan to wind up.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I can remember when people said a dead end, poor drafting team like the Chicago Bulls would be a horrible place for a kid out of North Carolina named Jordan to wind up.
I think the Bulls would be a decent landing spot. Lavine, White, Haliburton, Lauri, Wendell. That's a nice five.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'd much rather be in Atlanta than Detroit, NYK, Washington.

Two of those teams are some of the worst franchises in the sport, and Detroit is Detroit. Atlanta much more of a destination and I think the ceiling is higher there.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I saw a mock recently that had Tyrese going 10th to the Suns as a future Ricky Rubio replacement.

That was the most recent update on the Ringer. There are just so many variables at this point: no one knows what Golden State is going to do (including Golden State), there is not a clear talent gap in the top picks...it is completely reasonable that he ends up at any one of six places.