Tyrese Haliburton Draft Stock Still on the Rise

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I can remember when people said a dead end, poor drafting team like the Chicago Bulls would be a horrible place for a kid out of North Carolina named Jordan to wind up.

The Knicks though.

There's really not a good comparison in sports for the past two decades in terms of having every advantage yet sucking extremely bad.

LeBron could get out of his Lakers deal and move to the Knicks next season and it would be hard to convince me they won't suck.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Talk about ISU and Tyrese on latest episode.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The Ringer had him to the Knicks in their update earlier this week.

I am going to flip over the table if he has to go to that dumpster fire of an organization.

He needs to pull an Elway and refuse.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
I'll be pretty surprised if the Warriors don't end up trading that pick, that could easily mix things up a lot for TH. I think the Bulls would be a good landing spot for him, Billy Donovan makes me feel better about that organization compared to Jim Boylen.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I'll be pretty surprised if the Warriors don't end up trading that pick, that could easily mix things up a lot for TH. I think the Bulls would be a good landing spot for him, Billy Donovan makes me feel better about that organization compared to Jim Boylen.

I think the Warriors absolutely want to trade the pick. I’m just not sure that anyone else wants it enough to make a worthwhile offer.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
I think the Warriors absolutely want to trade the pick. I’m just not sure that anyone else wants it enough to make a worthwhile offer.
Yeah, I believe it. I don't think too many teams are super excited about this draft. Maybe it is possible the Warriors use this pick on TH, but I doubt it.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Yeah, I believe it. I don't think too many teams are super excited about this draft. Maybe it is possible the Warriors use this pick on TH, but I doubt it.

The Warriors are in cap hell trying to balance the Curry, Thompson, Green, and Wiggins contracts together while still trying to fill out the roster behind them. They probably want some veterans so they can compete again next year, but I am not sure how they take on much more money, even if they can dangle that high pick out there.

One of the few ways to get cheap talent at a high value relative to its productivity is through hitting big at the top of the draft. Haliburton would fit right in with those “big four” on offense and on defense, and he would come pretty cheaply. I can see the case the Warriors just keep the pick and get whoever they think makes the best impact during their window while they still have it.

All of the above is me just talking myself into the Warriors taking Tyrese. I hope they do. I will be really sad if he ends up with a train wreck of a franchise like Chicago or New York. He doesn’t deserve that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron