UConn Women in trouble

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Love it!! I will actually watch the finals now with no UCONN playing.

And to think we were literally one free throw away from beating Mississippi State at the end of regulation earlier this year in Hilton. Congrats to them on pulling off the biggest win in their program's history.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Thank god. Don't have to hear about their streak anymore of 111 whoopings against lousy AAC womens teams.

I hear you on the AAC teams, but to be fair, they generally whoop everyone. They whooped South Carolina this year, whose in the title game.

My expert opinion - after 111 straight whoopings you don't appreciate what it means to win.

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
Love that UConn finally lost, but I can't be the only one that is amazed by what Geno does. May be a prick and an ******* (but people will say that about anyone that has won that much) but the post game interview was nothing but class. Not saying I'm a fan of his but there is something absolutely fascinating about coaches that create dynasties and how they do it.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The championship game is going to be an afterthought. This is all anyone will remember.

• Agree
Reactions: BBHMagic

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Love it!! I will actually watch the finals now with no UCONN playing.

And to think we were literally one free throw away from beating Mississippi State at the end of regulation earlier this year in Hilton. Congrats to them on pulling off the biggest win in their program's history.
I'm the exact opposite. I would've probably tuned in if it was UCONN. Now there is 0 percent chance I watch.

It was the reason I turned into the 2nd half of it tonight.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It was obvious that it was a basketball play, as she put her arm up. The UConn player threw her head back. Not a flagrant one. That was total BS.

Completely agree. The announcers kept saying, even after looking at slo mo replay, that she got elbowed in the throat. I don't know how they saw that in the video. Her elbow never touches her, it was her hand/wrist, and it grazed her chin/cheek accidentally. So glad MSU pulled it out, especially after that call.

Also, although ESPN probably showed him too much, I loved how into it Dak Prescott was cheering for his school. Reminded me of something you'd probably see Niang do someday. I love people that are really proud of the school they attended and still show their support. I think a lot of that is gone now and players just play for themselves and not their school.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
So after they let Mississippi State run the play and UConn gets the ball back, UConn asks for a review and gets the flagrant foul. Why didn't they reset the clock to when the flagrant foul occurred. I didn't reason they could review it if they didn't call a foul in the 1st place. Seems kind of a stupid rule.