UConn Women in trouble

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So after they let Mississippi State run the play and UConn gets the ball back, UConn asks for a review and gets the flagrant foul. Why didn't they reset the clock to when the flagrant foul occurred. I didn't reason they could review it if they didn't call a foul in the 1st place. Seems kind of a stupid rule.

That was another beef I had with it. They went back in time to review a play. I think UCONN should have to challenge it or something right away.

It shouldn't even have been reviewed "after the fact", but even if you do allow it, at most it was just a simple foul, but in no way was it a flagrant 1. That was total BS. If MSU had lost that game from that, there should have been outrage over it.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I'm the exact opposite. I would've probably tuned in if it was UCONN. Now there is 0 percent chance I watch.

It was the reason I turned into the 2nd half of it tonight.

I'm one of those who doesn't find it remotely interesting to see the same team win title after title after title by crushing all their opponents. If you pretty much know who's going to win, what's the point? You're just playing for second place. Like someone else said, this is the best thing that could happen for women's college basketball this season. Although, ESPN has lost their automatic narrative now that their chosen team is out. They might have to actually do some work. I still fully expect to hear about UCONN non-stop during the title game, though. They assume that's all their audience wants to hear about.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Love that UConn finally lost, but I can't be the only one that is amazed by what Geno does. May be a prick and an ******* (but people will say that about anyone that has won that much) but the post game interview was nothing but class. Not saying I'm a fan of his but there is something absolutely fascinating about coaches that create dynasties and how they do it.

I appreciate what Geno does, winning year after year after year. I don't appreciate his attitude and his opinion that his team's outright dominance year after year after year is a good thing for women's college basketball, that he's bringing all this interest to the game. Competition is good for the game. Unpredictability is good for the game. One team winning most years isn't. I also don't appreciate his cocky, smarmy, "I'm better than you" attitude. Look, I get that Mike Kryzezwski(sp?) is also cocky, smarmy and has the "I'm better than you" attitude, but at least I get the impression that, underneath the surface, he's appreciative to be in the position that he's in. I do not get that impression from Geno - every time he opens his pie hole I get the impression he thinks the world owes him everything.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I just hope we never get a great team here at ISU who puts a long win streak together because many on here will have to then complain about the Cyclones. I was glad to see MSU win because they out played UConn last night. That is what the game is all about, the team that plays the best wins. If you hate winners why even watch, we know there will always be a winner and a loser in basketball because we don't have ties. My hope after 20 plus years of following the lady Cyclones in person is to always have a winning season and to go undefeated if possible.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
UConn has been great for the women's game. Look at all the "casual" women's bball fans in this thread. Wonder how many will watch even 10 minutes of the Miss St. - South Carolina title game tomorrow.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I appreciate what Geno does, winning year after year after year. I don't appreciate his attitude and his opinion that his team's outright dominance year after year after year is a good thing for women's college basketball, that he's bringing all this interest to the game. Competition is good for the game. Unpredictability is good for the game. One team winning most years isn't. I also don't appreciate his cocky, smarmy, "I'm better than you" attitude. Look, I get that Mike Kryzezwski(sp?) is also cocky, smarmy and has the "I'm better than you" attitude, but at least I get the impression that, underneath the surface, he's appreciative to be in the position that he's in. I do not get that impression from Geno - every time he opens his pie hole I get the impression he thinks the world owes him everything.

Gene's comments are usually the most intuitive, insightful, and eye opening you'll here about the game.

I never get entitled from him. I have issues with him on some things, but not his commentary. He is as blue collar as they come.

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
Always glad to see uconn lose. There no fun in women's basketball because uconn always dominates it

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
3444bdca74b12065443fd854a602416d.gif

:D

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It would be even more fitting if Mississippi St beat Notre Dame in the title game. Can't stand the Irish.

• Agree
Reactions: kcdc4isu

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Well that's not the only reason. It's also a terrible product. There are 1A boys high school teams that would beat them.
The Iowa State women would crush a 1A high school boys team. UConn would dismantle them.

Source: Been there done that. A good chunk of the A league intramural teams at Iowa State would give the Iowa State women fits (and anyone with size would crush them). Anything B and below they'd handle.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
The Iowa State women would crush a 1A high school boys team. UConn would dismantle them.

Source: Been there done that. A good chunk of the A league intramural teams at Iowa State would give the Iowa State women fits (and anyone with size would crush them). Anything B and below they'd handle.

Stop with this. It's belittling the women and frankly it's all conjecture unless you've actually played them in real life.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Notre Dame wins on a last second, falling off to the side 3! Woo hoo!

• Disagree
Reactions: Three4Cy

Help Support Us

Become a patron