Ultimate Team Introduction

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Since it sounds like the tornado siren thing isnt possible to use to welcome the team onto the field, how about this as a sweet idea. Show a shot of Ed Wilson, John McLaughlin, or that Metinka hottie on the big board, breaking in with a weather update. They could say something like 'Holy smokes, look at that weather over Iowa City'. In the background would be a dopplar-like image of eastern Iowa with a large cardinal and gold swirl going round and round over Iowa City. As they zoom into the center of this swirl, the epicenter becomes a live shot of the team coming through the balloon helmet. Outside of the helmet is a balsa-wood replica of some of the landmarks of the team we are playing - like Kinnick Field and Carver Dumpeye Arena. The team runs through these small-scale replicas, laying waste to them as they pass through, resulting in a total demolition of their beloved replica campus. 'Sorry Hawkeyes, you've been CYCLONED!'

Of course the whole scene can be replicated for whoever we play that week.

Thumbs up? Thumbs down? That's not a thumb?

sounds like a godzilla movie

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
I don't know for sure but I believe KCCI has an agreement to do the pre-game weather forecast prior to home games (as they did last year). I'll pass along some of these wonderful ideas.

ps...I vote for Metinka but I'm a little biased.

clonefan_80

May 28, 2007
Ames
Every time our team runs out on the field, I feel it's anti-climatic with the song that's playing. We need to find ourselves a new mixed CD and throw out the 90's rap hits. Run out to some new rock songs with a sweet introduction or even a few classic rock songs would be great, as long as they explode out of the tunnel at the right time.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I don't know for sure but I believe KCCI has an agreement to do the pre-game weather forecast prior to home games (as they did last year). I'll pass along some of these wonderful ideas.

ps...I vote for Metinka but I'm a little biased.

Really, why would YOU be a little biased? :wink:

Cyclone15

Aug 21, 2007
Ankeny
Why can't we get a huge "water based" cyclone generating machine or smoke machine... say 10 feet or bigger somewhere in the stadium for intro and touchdowns... in all seriousness I was looking all over last year on line for the possibilities of such a thing... Man made simulated tornado machine or smoke based silo machine that erupts on a touchdown or intro

That to me would be over the top !

Go Clones

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Since it sounds like the tornado siren thing isnt possible to use to welcome the team onto the field, how about this as a sweet idea. Show a shot of Ed Wilson, John McLaughlin, or that Metinka hottie on the big board, breaking in with a weather update. They could say something like 'Holy smokes, look at that weather over Iowa City'. In the background would be a dopplar-like image of eastern Iowa with a large cardinal and gold swirl going round and round over Iowa City. As they zoom into the center of this swirl, the epicenter becomes a live shot of the team coming through the balloon helmet. Outside of the helmet is a balsa-wood replica of some of the landmarks of the team we are playing - like Kinnick Field and Carver Dumpeye Arena. The team runs through these small-scale replicas, laying waste to them as they pass through, resulting in a total demolition of their beloved replica campus. 'Sorry Hawkeyes, you've been CYCLONED!'

Of course the whole scene can be replicated for whoever we play that week.

Thumbs up? Thumbs down? That's not a thumb?

love it

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Why can't we get a huge "water based" cyclone generating machine or smoke machine... say 10 feet or bigger somewhere in the stadium for intro and touchdowns... in all seriousness I was looking all over last year on line for the possibilities of such a thing... Man made simulated tornado machine or smoke based silo machine that erupts on a touchdown or intro

That to me would be over the top !

Go Clones

There are some good ideas in this thread. I really like the idea of doing things that are unique and cyclone-related.

Reactions: Dr.bannedman