Um, go Kansas?

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
All it really means is that we cannot lose to KU now. Before KU was going to be one of the losses we could overcome.

Still need to beat the winner of UT and KSU
Yeah, I get excited about our chances....but reality is we do have to get through KSU (looking very solid) and Texas...and of course KU/BYU too. Always good if some upsets can help us, but the non-round robin makes it trickier to quickly figure stuff out, lol.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I must say, it's pretty cool that Oklahoma's final memory of Lawrence KS is leaving town with a loss.

And their volleyball team has the same memory of Ames IA!

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
The perfect dream of ESPN. Now they can go full SEC/Big ten suck fest and not have to worry about covering the Big 12.
Eh whatever. We didn't need more of the narrative that the rest of the Big 12 needed OU and UT versus the opposite. Once the playoffs expand I expect the Big 12 to consistently be a top 4 league and get at least 1 team in every season despite no OU and UT.

Speaking of this, watching ESPN just now of course they are interviewing Finebaum about the chances of the Big 12 getting a playoffs bid and he says "there's no chance". Hilarious to interview a SEC homer to ask about another conference. He was trying to make the argument last year a multiple loss Alabama deserved to be in the playoffs over TCU.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Getting one win from here on out won't be easy, but doable.

Getting two wins from here on out will be hard, but not out of the realm of possibility.

I like to think ISU has three more wins in them. KU may be ripe for the picking next week after that big win yesterday. My picks for two more wins after that are the road game at BYU and Texas on a cold, Nov. night in Ames with a fired up crowd behind this team.

"Some say that I'm a dreamer"

• Optimistic
Reactions: kevdiv48 and qwerty

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Pete Mundo is on ISU bandwagon. Always been respectful, really likes Campbell. ISU talk 18:00 to 24:30

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Eh whatever. We didn't need more of the narrative that the rest of the Big 12 needed OU and UT versus the opposite. Once the playoffs expand I expect the Big 12 to consistently be a top 4 league and get at least 1 team in every season despite no OU and UT.

Speaking of this, watching ESPN just now of course they are interviewing Finebaum about the chances of the Big 12 getting a playoffs bid and he says "there's no chance". Hilarious to interview a SEC homer to ask about another conference. He was trying to make the argument last year a multiple loss Alabama deserved to be in the playoffs over TCU.

I love Pete Mundo's shirt on Heartland College Sports

1698585937763.png

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I’ve really enjoyed Pete Mundo’s podcasts the last few years. But I didn’t know until this thread that he’s 16. He’s got a booming radio voice that makes him sound like he’s 40 then I saw these picks and lmao.