SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I would guess they expected him to act like a man, given it's oSu. Ha.

He did act like a man. He found a better job with way more money. Fact of the matter is OSU is a football school, and they probably wont pay anyone over $2 million to coach their program.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
He did act like a man. He found a better job with way more money. Fact of the matter is OSU is a football school, and they probably wont pay anyone over $2 million to coach their program.
LOL. You don't do that to people. You tell them to their face. Stop acting like you're from Lawrence.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
LOL. You don't do that to people. You tell them to their face. Stop acting like you're from Lawrence.

And on the flip, you dont promise a coach a new contract as a condition of taking less money in the first year, only to slap him in the face with a medicore raise after producing results well above what anyone expected.

OSU owed Underwood much more than he owed them.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
There were other tweets saying that Underwood met with the AD and the AD thought it was going to be about contract stuff for next year but instead Underwood just resigned right away. That one school official might have found out via Twitter but I'm pretty positive more than a few inside the athletic department knew before it was on twitter

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
There were other tweets saying that Underwood met with the AD and the AD thought it was going to be about contract stuff for next year but instead Underwood just resigned right away. That one school official might have found out via Twitter but I'm pretty positive more than a few inside the athletic department knew before it was on twitter
Link or are you just talkin' as an Underwood minion? I have no time for this kind of nonsense.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Says who? If you've been negotiating for a few weeks and it's going no where, you move on, especially for $3.5 million a year
I agree. Everyone bashing Underwood here, but no one has any idea what part AD Holder played in the rift. Have heard that he was a jerk as the OSU golf coach before he became AD. He won NCAA titles, was extremely intense, but a jerk.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Link or are you just talkin' as an Underwood minion? I have no time for this kind of nonsense.
Can't find it now but I remember seeing something about the AD and Underwood met yesterday. Not sure why I, as an ISU fan, would be an Underwood minion but ok

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Can't find it now but I remember seeing something about the AD and Underwood met yesterday. Not sure why I, as an ISU fan, would be an Underwood minion but ok

Maybe Underwood is off of exit 13 on I80, and the 13 at the end of your username is a long play of Underwood minioning.

If it's a different exit, I"ll need a new idea, but I think I can do it.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Only Underwood and the AD know the truth - there's probably blame on both sides. If OSU continues to go cheap that is their decision because they have the money - I just feel bad for their basketball fans. Also, how wise is it on Illinois part to start spending that kind of money when the future TV contracts probably won't be as big - I don't know.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron