Untappd

cycart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2012
Johnston, IA
Nice, thanks for the heads up. I'm a big fan of the app and sounds like the updates will definitely enhance my experience with it.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Thanks, Heading to San Antonio in a couple of weeks and I have struggled to find a good selection of brew there in the past.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
From their blog:

Keep track of the beers you like
The core of Untappd remains, allowing you to check-in to your beers and keep track of what you did and didn’t like. In our latest version, we allow you to input even more information including serving style, flavor profile, and where you bought it from.

Discover nearby venues, events, and beers that you’ll love
We’ve revamped the entire discover experience, bringing nearby events and venues front and center. In addition, Untappd will provide you with beer recommendations and let you know where to find them.

Find new venues with great beers, anywhere in the world
Our brand new map view allows you to easily discover great new venues nearby, or anywhere in the world. Be sure to plan ahead for your next trip!

Get alerts when your favorite Verified Venues add new beers
It is now much easier to receive menu & event alerts from our growing family of Untappd Verified Venues. Plus you can now quickly set alerts on beers and be notified when they are added to a venue nearby.

Create lists of beers you have or want to try
We’ve expanded upon Untappd’s wish list feature, allowing you to create as many lists as you want, both public and private.

Plus quite a bit more for you to enjoy!

• Informative
Reactions: cycloneG

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Awesome. I just got my first shipment from Tavour(something every craft beer junkie should use) and will be breaking into a couple of the beers tonight!

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
It depends. If you want something to rate and track your beers, Beer Advocate is better.

If you want your "bros" to know when and where you're drinking a beer, and who with, Untappd is better.
I'd disagree, but I know people who only use BA to track and rate beers and absolutely love it. So far I'm really struggling with this new Untappd update. There's so much going on and every screen seems really busy and full of information.