NFL: Urlacher may skip mandatory workouts

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
They need to come up with a word other than contract to descibe NFL pay agreements because in no way are they a 'contract'.

Yeah... I agree with this... and it goes both ways. A team can cut a guy, at any time, for any reason, and not pay them anymore.

The players have to do something to even the balance a little, although in the eye of the public holding out is a very questionable tactic, most times I don't have a problem with it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
In my opinion, it is the league's fault. What other recourse do the player's have? Contracts are not guaranteed, and are generally so backloaded, that players are forced to restructure their deals before they're done or get cut. There's no job security at all. Holdouts are the only thing that carries any clout sometimes. And on the surface they do make the player look greedy, but in reality the franchise is as much or more to blame.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
In my opinion, it is the league's fault. What other recourse do the player's have? Contracts are not guaranteed, and are generally so backloaded, that players are forced to restructure their deals before they're done or get cut. There's no job security at all. Holdouts are the only thing that carries any clout sometimes. And on the surface they do make the player look greedy, but in reality the franchise is as much or more to blame.

It's the Players Union that should be embarrassed about this. How did they ever agree to these "contracts". I don't really blame the players although when they act like Chad Johnson, then its annoying.