US Open

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Anyone know if it is streaming online?

Going to be an interesting year. I think Gadson has an outside shot at winning it!

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Not sure if it's streaming online, but if it is, it's probably through FloPro.

Hopefully Kyven does well. The Buraks will be tough to score on, but I think he's beaten at least one of them in the not-so-distant past.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
UWW Juniors

I see Vega is a 2 seed, with Fix the 1 seed
Storr is the 2 seed
Colbray is the 1 seed
Gremmel will have Gable Steveson in the 2nd round if they win their 1st match

Also Baker, Cochran and Parker competing

Also David Carr is the 2 seed

Last edited:

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Anybody know if you can still do $20 monthly on Flo Pro? Trying to sign up and it's only showing the $150/year option.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I have tried different monthly signups and have a nightmare cancelling the subscriptions. Most times I have to just tell the credit card company to block future withdrawals. I just pay the yearly on Flo. They seem to have a lot of good content though out the year.

bthomps01

Dec 7, 2006
Disappointed the only way to follow the US open is through FLO - premium... not sure how this is growing wrestling - One of biggest tournaments of the year and unless you pay you are reduced following on twitter.... just a rant

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Some good matches. Storr looked great.
Gremmel gassed & lost 16-13.
Vega didn't look ready
Cochran with a pin
Parker looked undersized
Colbray looked good.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
I've got a few questions..Can anybody clarify why the guys wrestling Junior Freestyle are competing for the C-RTC and the senior level guys are listed Sunkist Kids? Why wouldn't they all be C-RTC and why not Cyclone Wrestling Club if any thing for the Senior level guys? Isn't the C-RTC the CWC??

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Sunkist or Titan Mercury are funding the Senior level guys, so they are list on their team.
I don't think the CWC technically exists anymore or is being fazed out. That is why the C-RTC label.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Sunkist or Titan Mercury are funding the Senior level guys, so they are list on their team.
I don't think the CWC technically exists anymore or is being fazed out. That is why the C-RTC label.

Gotcha. Confuses me when the CWC Twitter is still posting updates. Is there a timetable on when we might hear of any new additions to the Senior Freestyle roster? I saw that Durbin competed, but Dresser made no mention of him in the last newsletter.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
U.S. Open Junior Freestyle Results

The first link has the results for all Iowans; the second, all semi-final match-ups.

https://iawrestle.com/2017/04/28/uww-junior-nationals-freestyle-results/

http://www.flowrestling.org/result/9957-2017-us-open-jr-freestyle-results#.WQQl84FOmEd

Semifinal matches

55KG: Daton Fix Stillwater, OK (TMWC) vs. Alex Thomsen Neola, IA (SWIFT)
55KG: Brandon Courtney Goodyear, AZ (sunkist kids) vs. Paul Bianchi Fargo, ND (Bison Wrestling Club)

66KG: Yianni Diakomihalis Rochester, NY (Finger Lakes) vs. Ryan Deakin Evanston, IL (Northwestern)
66KG: Patricio Lugo Edinboro, PA (Edinboro Regional Training Center) vs. Kanen Storr Ames, IA (C-RTC Unattached)

70KG: Griffin Parriott West Lafayette, IN (Boilermaker RTC) vs. Philip Conigliaro Dedham, MA (N/a)
70KG: Joe Lee Evansville, IN (maurer coughlin wrestling club) vs. David Carr Massillon, OH ((TMWC)

• Informative
Reactions: matclone

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Thanks for the summaries. Flo's website is somewhat difficult to access/navigate/find information.

• Agree
Reactions: jmb1498

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Thanks for the summaries. Flo's website is somewhat difficult to access/navigate/find information.
You're welcome. Something I noticed today, after copying Kyven results over here (on my phone) is that the links to the matches copied over also. Except Kyven's did not last night. I changed it just now so it also links directly to the match. Pretty handy.

What buf87 said above about the billing though sucks. I've experienced that before at other sites, sites that go out of their way to make it difficult to cancel a recurring subscription.

I'd be inclined to pull the trigger for this event, but this aspect will probably stop me.

Here is the link to FloWrestling's front page.
http://www.flowrestling.org/

IAWrestle does a nice job.
https://iawrestle.com/

I am going to try to visit both sites more. Maybe I will subscribe to Flo in the future.

Help Support Us

Become a patron