NBA: Utah Jazz: Humble hero Korver lives life of faith, charity

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
I have grown up following Kyle Korver but not many other people know how much Kyle helps out the community and other people's lives.

He is the former second-round draft pick from small-town Iowa who has quietly given away hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars in recent years. He is the professional basketball star who found the time to befriend a group of inner-city kids during his years in Philadelphia. He is the kid who didn't start on his freshman team in high school and couldn't draw recruiting interest from nearby Drake as a junior who now takes the court at EnergySolutions Arena with "Proverbs 3:5-6 " on the back of his Converse.

Read more here.

jlej731

Nov 7, 2006
Ames
Thats a very refreshing story - thanks for posting. Its cool to see someone value something other than their fame and money

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
That is an awesome story. Makes me want to get a Korver jersey myself.

And the part about saving money by eating Subway his first 2 years in the league...sounds like Jared could be out of a job.:wink:

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
That is a really inspirational piece....makes me want to be a better person. I wish the best ratings for coverage could be positive stories, cause we rarely get to hear them.

Drews79

Apr 11, 2006
So what head coach at ISU would of been recruiting Korver his senior year of high school? Would it of been Larry? If so, its probably a good thing that Kyle went to Creighton. I don't think Larry's "habits" and personality would of gelled well with Kyle or the Korver family. Lol!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron