Verkleren's top 3

cywr89

May 14, 2009
No just rumors, but I guess that is what Verkleeren was waiting for. Not sure what else would cause him to ask for a release this late after the hire
The release is occurring so the request could have been asked for at anytime during the past 3-4 weeks.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
The release is occurring so the request could have been asked for at anytime during the past 3-4 weeks.
I don't be know why he kept ISU stuff on his twitter then. Oh well, on we go. If it was mutual I have a feeling Mekhi Lewis will be a clone. He actually beat Jarod this year.

Reactions: csteve

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
3 days ago I was told he was solid to Iowa State for now. Also in a interview after state finals, he was asked and he said I will let you know if something changes.

So either KD wanted a committment or something changed. Not sure which.

Trust KD, if they don't want to be here, move on.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Weird the Iowa State stuff is still on Twitter even after the release . But I agree trust KD and move on .
Any idea when assistants /RTC athletes will be named ?

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
I don't be know why he kept ISU stuff on his twitter then. Oh well, on we go. If it was mutual I have a feeling Mekhi Lewis will be a clone. He actually beat Jarod this year.
Getting Lewis to commit to us would be huge. I like his size and think that he might fit our current needs better than Verk. He wrestled 160 this year and looks to have a body type to add some muscle mass.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa

Obviously sucks, but hopefully we can fill the scholarship money elsewhere, hopefully at the heavier weights..

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
So I hope we see a couple of VT incoming recruits or transfers.

I would think the recruit situation is as bad as it is going to get.

Will be interesting to see which wrestlers on the team leave.

Lots of money to spend with Verk, Allar, Smith, Downey, Boston and Nardo gone.

My wish list is David Carr #1, then Bolen or Lewis (VT recruits), Sasso, Teske. After that really not sure.

I suppose Dayton Racer if Dresser thinks he is okay.

• Agree
Reactions: enisthemenace